Japanese locker room voyeur
- I’m translating among us into Japanese with my bf!! I ...
- The Art of Translation: My process for translating from ...
- Is it harder, in general, to translate from Japanese to ...
- How to Understand Japanese without Translating it ...
- Free Japanese translation, translate Japanese - SYSTRAN
- How Do Japanese Guys Flirt? Flirting in Japan. | Guidable
- What do you mean, "In Japanese there are no words for "I’m ...
- How do you say this in Japanese? "To spend time with my ...
- Google Translate
Both very hard. But translation from Japanese to English is slightly more difficult for me. When I translate my Japanese writing directly into English, it becomes very strange. I had hard time writing in English at the beginning of learning Englis... I’m translating among us into Japanese with my bf!! I finished doing all of the rooms. Did I do well? (I know an odd mix of basic and mid-complex Japanese) Grammar. Close. 2. Posted by 5 hours ago. I’m translating among us into Japanese with my bf!! I finished doing all of the rooms. Did I do well? Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages. 18 thoughts on “ The Art of Translation: My process for translating from Japanese to English ” hohoEMI October 10, 2016. Hi locksleyu, Thanks for detailing down your process for translation from Japanese to English. I have always wondered what I should do when I come to a sentence that I can’t immediately think of a good translation for. As a Japanese guy, I am going to tell you how the Japanese behave when they have a crush on someone based on my own and my friends’ experiences. Although this cannot be applied to all people, it will give you a general idea of how Japanese people act. Forget how fast I’m going in anki/next. Since I don’t have a set number of cards I have to finish, it lets me focus more on the card in front of me. Read the card out loud or in my mind. By reading it out loud or in my mind, I’m making it harder for English words to pop into my head. Either I understand the sentence as it is, or I don’t. Use SYSTRAN Translate anytime anywhere for free Japanese translation. This free online tool lets you instantly translate any text in Japanese. You can also use the Japanese translator to translate Web pages as you surf the Web in Japanese or any other language of your choice. Rely on SYSTRAN products for quick and accurate Japanese translation ... The first line jumps out at me. Supposedly, in an interview, a 25 year old Japanese woman named "Hachiko" says: In Japanese there are no words for “I’m suffering” or “I’m sad”. I can’t share my feelings with anyone. Needing help is seen as failure, something to be ashamed of. The Language Level symbol shows a user's proficiency in the languages they're interested in. Setting your Language Level helps other users provide you with answers that aren't too complex or too simple.
2020.10.22 07:27 HakuoTan Japanese locker room voyeur
Electrical - 電気室
Reactor - 原子炉室
Communications - 無線局
Storage - 倉庫
Admin - 管理室
Cafeteria - 食堂
Medbay - 医務室
Upper engine - 上段エンジン
Lower engine - 下段エンジン
Weapons - 兵器貯蔵庫
Navigation - ナビゲーション
Shields - 防御シールド
Locker room - ロッカー室
Decontamination - 滅菌室
Launchpad - 発射台
Greenhouse - 温室
Balcony - バルコニー
Laboratory - 研究室
Office - オフィス
Specimen room - 検体管理室
Security - 警備室
Please don’t be mean if I got anything wrong, among us is a hyperfixation of mine and learning Japanese is a special interest!!
Edit: a very kind person corrected me, so I’m editing with the corrections!!
submitted by HakuoTan to LearnJapanese [link] [comments]
2020.10.22 05:28 HakuoTan Locker voyeur room japanese
I’ve been translating this all night, and recently finished it with the help of a native Japanese speaker!! Here it is!!
Electrical - エレクトリカル
Reactor - リアクター
Communications - 無線局
Storage - 物置
Admin - アドミン
Cafeteria - 食堂
Medbay - 医務室
Upper engine - 上段エンジン
Lower engine - 下段エンジン
Weapons - 火器室
Navigation - ナビゲーション
Shields - 防御シールド
Locker room - ロッカー室
Decontamination - 除染
Launchpad - 発射台
Greenhouse - 温室
Balcony - ベランダ
Laboratory - 実験室
Office - オフィス
Specimen room - 検体室
Security - セキュリティ
submitted by HakuoTan to AmongUs [link] [comments]
2020.10.21 12:30 daprice82 Room japanese locker voyeur
Going through old issues of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and posting highlights in my own words. For anyone interested, I highly recommend signing up for the actual site at f4wonline and checking out the full archives.
WATCH: Bob Sapp is interviewed on WCW Thunder
- It's been 6 months since the brand split and we open with an analysis of how it's gone and the answer is not great. Dave wants it to work. In theory, it should give more talent TV time, let them slow-burn angles, create more stars, and foster healthy competition. In reality, it hasn't worked out like that at all. Guys like RVD, Benoit, Kane, Jericho....all of them are worse off now than they were 6 months ago when the split started and are no closer to breaking through that glass ceiling. Edge and Mysterio are the only two who seem to have benefitted by WWE making an actual effort to push them up the ladder but they aren't past that glass ceiling yet either. Everyone else is pretty much exactly where they were before or worse. Bubba Ray, Booker T, Lance Storm, Christian, Rikishi, Eddie Guerrero....all still mired in midcards. The only real main event top level stars WWE is building around lately are Undertaker, Triple H, Kurt Angle, and Lesnar, who is the only real "star" that has been created since this brand split started. Other top stars from 6 months ago like Austin, Rock, Hogan, and Vince are gone or off TV. Ric Flair has been reduced to doing comedy jobs to Rico. And Chris Jericho, who main evented Wrestlemania 6 months ago, is back to the midcard.
- And when you look at it from a business perspective, it's even worse. Live attendance from March to September has dropped over 50% and is the lowest it's been since December of 1996. Raw ratings in the last 6 months have dropped from 4.93 to 3.54, which is almost identical to the same 6-month drop WCW had when Nash took over booking during the first half of 1999. But at least WCW had the excuse that WWF was putting on amazing competitive shows on the other channel. WWE doesn't have that excuse in 2002. No competition bringing them down, just their own incompetence. Of course, there are other factors at play. They didn't expect to lose Austin the way they did. You could argue that losing Rock hurts, but he was around all summer and even held the WWE title for a month of that time and ratings continued to fall, so how much was he really helping? Dave goes on a big rant here about all the problems facing WWE right now holy shit it feels exactly like 2020. Let's cherry-pick a few lines: "The creative process works best with long-term storylines that fans feel they can invest in, and building characters that don't let the fans down. Vince changes his mind every week, so that makes that aspect difficult to impossible [...] Those backstage in Vegas remarked how amazed they were at how they were literally redoing the script as the show went on." Anyway, WWE doesn't have many more big cards to play. The Invasion has been done. NWO has been done. Hogan came back. Bischoff came in. None of it has worked. What's left? Scott Steiner can't hold up to the WWE schedule. Goldberg refuses to do the WWE schedule. Austin is on the outs and who knows how much his return would really change things anyway? The solutions aren't external. They have to fix the internal problems now and that's writing better shows and creating new stars. This piece goes on and on but it's just Dave rehashing what we already know about the creative issues that started plaguing them in 2002 and haven't gotten better in 18 years.
- It's time to talk about Bob Sapp. He's a former WCW Power Plant trainee who only made one appearance on WCW television, in a backstage promo on Thunder to promote a Tough Man contest on FX during the dying days of the company. The interviewer was Lenita Erikson, a singer from the 90s who was rumored to be the secret girlfriend of a high-ranking TBS executive (Dave doesn't name him here, but pretty sure it's been revealed as Brad Siegel in years since) and she looked completely strung out on drugs, but was still given a gig on WCW TV for a few minutes. Anyway, they pushed Sapp as if he was a huge football star and hyped him up as the next big WCW star. But he never appeared on WCW television again. He worked a few NWA Wildside shows but that was it. When WCW folded, he got involved with MMA and kickboxing and here we are. Just one year later, Bob Sapp is a phenom in Japan, and with less than a year of training, he capped off his rise with a stunning victory this week over the greatest heavyweight kickboxer in history, Ernesto Hoost. Following the victory, he shot an angle with Manabu Nakanishi for their upcoming NJPW Tokyo Dome match, which will be Sapp's first pro wrestling match in Japan. And just like that, without ever having wrestled a match in Japan, Bob Sapp has become the biggest wrestling attraction in the country and will likely be what saves this Tokyo Dome show from being a disaster (which it was looking to be until this K-1 fight and the following Nakanishi angle).
WATCH: Bob Sapp vs. Ernesto Hoost (highlights of both their fights, we'll get to the 2nd one in a month or two)
WATCH: Insane Clown Posse in Ring of Honor
- Just as the Bob Sapp thing was helping NJPW build momentum for the Tokyo Dome show, Kensuke Sasaki had to go and ruin it all by announcing he's leaving the company. Sasaki has spent his entire 16+ year career in NJPW and has been a major star for much of the last decade, a 3-time IWGP champion, and was one of the top four stars that carried NJPW throughout the record-setting business in the 90s, even though he never quite reached the success or ability as Muto, Chono, and Hashimoto. Publicly, Sasaki has said he is upset over the way NJPW handled the planned Pancrase match he was booked for against Minoru Suzuki, claiming that NJPW pulled him from the match against his wishes and replaced him with Jushin Liger. He put in his notice with the company and an attempt to talk him out of leaving failed, so NJPW has pulled him off all advertised shows.
- After a trial that lasted more than 2 weeks, a jury took only 4 hours to rule in favor of WWE and concluding that Nicole Bass did not suffer any sexual harassment. The jury gave statements afterward saying they felt Bass was lying about her claims that Steve Lombardi (Brooklyn Brawler) had groped her and rubbed himself against her on a flight in 1999. Despite it being a crowded flight, Bass was unable to come up with any witness to corroborate the story. Vince and Linda McMahon, Jim Ross, Triple H, and Rena Mero (Sable) and others all testified. WWE attempted to introduce evidence showing Bass doing softcore porn bondage wrestling videos and video of her multiple appearances on Howard Stern's show, but the judge blocked that. Sable and Alicia Webb (Ryan Shamrock) testified on behalf of Bass, in particular about claims that wrestlers would frequently go into the women's dressing rooms uninvited. In particular, Webb testified that Triple H once came in while she was using the bathroom. In his testimony, Triple H claimed he couldn't recall such an incident. Bass claimed that Triple H was a frequent intruder into the women's locker room. Triple H denied purposely intruding but did admit to being in there at times due to his relationship with Chyna but he was always invited and always knocked and made sure everyone was clothed before he entered. Everyone on the WWE side noted that Bass was a terrible wrestler, which is why they say she was fired, with Jim Ross testifying that she couldn't even take a simple back bump properly. Ivory testified and admitted she had shot down a lesbian storyline between her and Bass, saying, "I told them I don't have anything against lesbians, but I don't want to be a lesbian on TV, especially if Nicole is going to be my girlfriend." Anyway, that's pretty much it. Jury didn't believe her and ruled unanimously against Bass. Also, one final unrelated note, Triple H testified that his downside guarantee on his current WWE contract is $400,000 in case you were curious.
- Lots of issues with Chyna and NJPW. The promotion has to push her prominently because she's Inoki's pet project and he owns majority interest in the company. But no one likes working with her in the ring and she's rubbing people the wrong way by pitching ideas and giving advice on how they should be doing things and giving off the vibe that she thinks she knows more about wrestling than the Japanese do because she was a big star during WWF's peak. But they're all stuck with her because Inoki.
- Brian Adams, formerly known as Crush, will make his professional boxing debut on an undercard match at an upcoming event in Las Vegas. Randy Savage will be in his corner. He's 36, which is too late for him to ever make any kind of serious attempt at being a boxer, and they're mostly selling this on the hype that Savage will be in his corner more than anything (Adams ends up getting injured in training and never actually has a pro boxing match).
- Ring of Honor and XPW held competing shows in Philadelphia on 10/5, less than a mile apart from each other. Each group drew around 400-450 fans. During the week before, XPW began offering more money to advertised ROH stars to come work the XPW show instead. Some guys earning $100 for the ROH show were offered $500 to do XPW. Homicide's tag team partner Boogalou was the only one who accepted the offer and worked the XPW show under a mask (hope it was worth it, ROH never used him again). As the ROH show was going on, XPW called up Steve Corino (who was working the ROH show) and offered him $1000 to leave and come to the XPW show right then and do a run-in. He declined. This has resulted in former rivals ROH and CZW beginning to work together, out of a mutual desire to get rid of XPW. In another note from the ROH show, Insane Clown Posse showed up the day of the show and asked if they could work a match and they did. Crowd didn't like it at all and chanted, "Don't come back!" at them when it was over.
WATCH: Chris Jericho walks a concussed Bubba Ray through the match finish - 2002
- Superstar Billy Graham's liver condition has worsened and he's still in desperate need of a liver transplant to survive much longer. A benefit show was held for him this week, with WWE and even Arnold Schwarzeneggar sending memorabilia to be auctioned off. WWE and Graham have had major issues in the past but to Dave's knowledge, things have patched up between he and Vince. Anyway, Brian Christopher showed up to the card and demanded his usual $1,500 fee. But he (and everyone else) had previously agreed to work this show for free since it was a benefit show. When Christopher was told he wasn't being paid, he left. Road Dogg (or BG James as he's called in TNA) also no-showed. Surprisingly, New Jack volunteered to work the show to make up for the no-shows, since he happened to be in the area. Good fella, that New Jack.
- TNA has a TV deal! Barely. They will start airing a weekly show on Tuesday nights on Urban America Television, which consists of 60 low-power TV stations scattered around the country. The show will be called TNA Xplosion. This is little more than buying your way onto syndicated TV networks, as other promotions have had similar deals that amounted to nothing. So this isn't really going to mean shit for the company but it's something I guess. In the meantime, TNA is spinning its wheels, waiting to see if this big influx of money that everyone keeps waiting for will come through.
- Nothing much to the latest episode of TNA's weekly PPV. Russo is primarily scripting interviews and being kept away from the overall storylines and angles. Scott Hall missed last week's show, calling the day of and saying his ex-wife left him with the children and he has a custody hearing so he can't leave them. They were understanding but at the same time....like, c'mon dude. So then for this week's show, he called a couple of days in advance and gave the same reason. Sorry, got the kids, can't come to work. Considering he's only working one day a week and this time he knew in advance, they were less understanding. The last time Hall was on TV, his over-the-top fake selling and complete lack of taking anything serious made it clear he doesn't prioritize TNA right now.
- There was a story in Milwaukee where a gang of teenagers beat a man to death that made national headlines. One of the teenagers admitted that he held the man in what they called a "cripple cross face hold" to allow the others to beat the man in the face. The teen confessed that he learned the move from watching Smackdown.
- Notes from Raw: Dave calls it an episode of Murder She Wrote because the episode ended with Triple H accusing Kane of murdering someone named Katie Vick 10 years ago. Dave doesn't have high hopes for this angle (oh Dave, you naive young thing, just you wait). They aired a vignette for Batista debuting on Raw, with no attempt whatsoever at explaining why/how he's jumping ship from Smackdown. Anyway, the long-term plan is for Batista and Orton to join with Triple H and Ric Flair in a new Four Horsemen-type group. The whole show was gimmick matches because they were in Vegas and had a roulette wheel to pick all the stipulations. Godfather was also on this show, with once again no explanation as to how or why he was moved from Smackdown (non-kayfabe reason is because he's well-known and loved in Vegas). A four-team TLC match gets 4.25 stars and the crowd was going insane for it. Lots of people ended up banged up when it was over, with Bubba Ray getting the worst of it with a serious concussion and he's been pulled from all current bookings (yeah this is pretty famous for the fact that you can see Jericho talking Bubba through the finish of the match).
NEXT WEEK: WWE's collapsing viewership, NJPW Tokyo Dome show fallout, Brock Lesnar vs. Lennox Lewis negotiations, and more...
- Notes from Smackdown: another excellent show, with every segment serving a purpose and furthering a storyline, with some great wrestling to boot. Edge vs. Angle gets 4.25 stars and another 4 stars for Mysterio vs. Benoit. And the only other notable thing was the beginnings of a Torrie Wilson/Dawn Marie feud that saw Wilson's real life father Al Wilson debut (and here we go...)
- Various news and notes: Hogan is being sued by someone for a boat he sold on eBay for $65,000, with the buyer claiming Hogan lied about the condition of the boat. Paul Bearer is leaving the company to spend more time with his wife who has been battling breast cancer. New York Post ran an article about ad rates for TV shows. Out of the top 135 network shows, Smackdown usually ranks somewhere in the middle each week in ratings. But they have the 5th lowest ad rates of any prime time show, more evidence that no matter how popular wrestling is, advertisers still see it as something that only poor people watch and aren't willing to spend as much money on it.
submitted by daprice82 to SquaredCircle [link] [comments]
2020.10.16 17:50 MGTElite489 Rise From The Underground, Part II: All Is Fair In Love And War
Part I Here
We left off at Extreme Rules 2016 with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn continuing to brawl, even after their four way dance with Cesaro and Miz over the Intercontinental Championship came to an end. As the night went on, the brawl intensified, and it ended with Owens getting the upper hand, tossing him shoulder first into a stack of crates, the same shoulder that kept him out of action for months on end the year before. As if that wasn't enough, KO went a step further, and crushed Sami's shoulder with a fire extinguisher, leaving him writhing in pain as his future was thrown in question. What is next for the Heart and Soul of WWE?
Build to Money In The Bank
Raw, May 23rd, 2016
The night after Extreme Rules, Sami Zayn isn't in the building, not because of his shoulder, but because Shane knows even if his arm was torn off, Zayn would still try and get payback against his former best friend. That's why Shane has made sure Zayn can't get into the building, because he's got something in store for KO. Backstage, he tracks the Prizefighter down, and asks him what the Hell was Extreme Rules all about. Owens laughs right in McMahon's face, and tells him he did whatever he felt like, and he felt like reinjuring the shoulder Sami always tries blaming his failures on. He destroyed whatever was left so Zayn would know to never come back, because it's in his best interest to stay at home and stop trying to chase after Kevin Owens. Shane thinks about this, and says that it's funny, because as of right now, it'll be in Owens' best interest to stay at home too. Kevin's look of smugness turns to confusion, and Shane reveals that for his reckless actions, he's being suspended for three months. KO stands there, taken aback, as Shane McMahon reiterates his statement, telling him to get out before he has security escort him out, and not to come back for the rest of the summer. Kevin remains frozen in place, pissing off Shane even further and calling for security. Guards eventually come in and escort Owens, Kevin protesting as Shane congratulates him on missing out on the Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
Raw, May 30th, 2016
The next week, Shane McMahon enters to a modest reception from the crowd, the fans happy with the changes he's made, and the direction he's taken WWE in. Shane reminds the crowd of the next PPV, Money In The Bank, and its namesake match, saying that this will be the opportunity of a lifetime for the man who is able to claim the case for themselves. He has a list everyone he feels deserves a chance, and announces all the ladder match qualifiers, which will begin going on next week: Dean Ambrose vs Sheamus, Baron Corbin vs Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro vs Alberto del Rio, Rusev vs Big E, and Chris Jericho vs Xavier Woods. The graphics show up on the Titantron, and Shane asks the crowd who they think will claim the Money In The Bank briefcase, before leaving, allowing for the first match of the night to commence.
Backstage, Shane bumps into Sami Zayn, and they shake hands, McMahon happy to see Sami is up and moving around. Sami says he just got into the building, but he's ready when Shane needs him. McMahon, a bit confused, asks what he's talking about. Sami mentions the MITB qualifiers, and McMahon sighs, correcting him, saying they're next week. Zayn says he's still ready for a warmup should they have a match for him tonight. McMahon clarifies with Sami, saying he just announced all the matches, and no, Zayn isn't in any of them. After seeing Sami's shocked face, McMahon says they must not have been on the same page, because he was assuming that Sami was coming to give him the status on his shoulder, he's not risking injuring Sami further for a match that happens every year, get real. Sami, completely crestfallen, walks off, and Shane sighs, feeling a bit conflicted, before leaving the area, still having business to take care of.
Raw, June 6th, 2016
The first half of the Money In The Bank qualifiers go on as planned.
- Baron Corbin absolutely destroys Dolph Ziggler, slapping him around, the crowd shocked that a newcomer could lay waste to a former World Champion like this. Corbin finishes off Dolph with two End of Days in a row, pinning him to gain entry into the ladder match.
- Rusev and Big E collide in a powerhouse matchup. Rusev breaking down his base to set up for the Accolade, Big E doing his best to use his environment, squashing Rusev in between the turnbuckles and throwing him into the barricade, relying on the WWE Universe's vibes to keep him in it. But unfortunately, despite E coming so close, outside interference proves to be the death of him, as Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows (who they've been feuding with recently), drag out a beaten down Xavier Woods as a distraction, causing Big E to focus on them. But Kofi comes from behind, bringing the fight to Gunz 'n' Gallows on his own, leaving Big E even more concerned! This is the perfect opening for Rusev, who connects with a Machka Kick to the back of the head, and locks in the Accolade for a dominant victory.
- Anderson and Gallows continue to beat down the New Day, leaving all of them laying as they exit. Ever the opportunist. In comes Chris Jericho, who runs in like a madman, telling the referee not to move a muscle. Jericho throws Kofi and Big E out of the ring, and demands the referee start the match. The referee reluctantly complies, and rings the bell, where Jericho immediately locks in the Walls of Jericho on Xavier Woods. For half a minute, Woods is being tortured by Y2J, and has no choice but to tap out, Jericho literally gaining entry into the ladder match without a scratch on him.
With the first three qualifiers in the books, Shane McMahon is updating his match card for Money In The Bank, when Sami Zayn appears, once again asking about the ladder match. Shane shuts it down, standing his ground and saying that he refuses to let Sami compete injured, and that's final. Zayn sounds off on McMahon, saying if he's not winning that briefcase, it isn't going to be because of his arm, it's going to be because someone was somehow able to kill him right there in the ring so he couldn't drag himself up a ladder and claim it. Zayn finishes his rant by saying if Shane holds him back, then Kevin Owens wins, and everyone else like him will realize they can do the same for their own nefarious means, and get away with it. Zayn leaves in a huff, with Shane looking after him, even more divisive than before. Raw, June 13th, 2016
- Cesaro and Alberto del Rio got themselves a nice fifteen minutes to create a solid bout, a nice surprise for your usual episode of Raw. Cesaro is going in with his European Uppercuts, but del Rio is smart enough to target the arm, not only weakening the Swiss Superman's signature strikes but also preparing for his cross armbreaker! Cesaro knows he might be in trouble, but is able to switch up his style to keep up, hitting a breathtaking one armed back suplex, a trio of dropkicks that has Alberto reeling, and even a no hands springboard crossbody! Del Rio is panicking, and attempts a step up enzuigiri, only for Cesaro to dodge and look for a roll up! 1... 2... kickout, but Cesaro is already prepared, setting Alberto up, and powering through the pain in his arm to hit a Neutralizer for the win!
- Dean Ambrose brings his unique brand of off kilter violence, and Sheamus is ready for it, ready to kick some heads off and beat some chests in. It's a fairly physical match, almost a hoss match without hosses, as the two men do their best to top each other with harder strikes with every passing minute. For thirteen minutes, they beat each other silly, not even bothering to go for a finisher yet, because they're just having too much fun. The end comes when Sheamus aims to take Dean's head off with a Brogue Kick, but Ambrose reverses it, catching the leg and ramming him back first into the corner! After another barrage of fists, Ambrose goes for a bulldog, only for Sheamus to throw him off, but he's once again taken down with a rebound lariat! One Dirty Deeds later, and Ambrose is moving on to Money In The Bank.
Sami Zayn can be seen backstage watching everything unfold, the look on his face obviously one of a man who just can't get a break. Until, he gets a knock on the door, and Shane McMahon enters, asking one last time about his shoulder. Zayn takes off his jacket, slowly rotating his arm, showing Shane that everything seems to be fine. Zayn caps things off by saying the swelling's been down for a while, and it doesn't hurt like Hell anytime he moves. McMahon nods, and takes a deep breath, before telling Sami he's got to do something.
Later on in the night, Chris Jericho is in the ring, cutting a promo, talking about how he singlehandedly brought this year's Money In The Bank ladder match to relevancy and prominence, because without him, no one would give a damn about it. He reminds everyone that he created the match in the first place, so it's only right that he finally picks up what's due, a briefcase granting him a World Championship match at any time, any place. But as Jericho is going on and on and on about how he's the Best In The World At What He Does, Shane McMahon interrupts. Shane says that while Jericho IS a legend, he can't let last week slide like it did. He blatantly took advantage of an incapacitated Xavier Woods to get a free pass to the ladder match. Now, he WOULD give Xavier a rematch, but he's got more pressing matters to attend to, facing those who took him out in the first place, Gallows and Anderson, for the WWE Tag Team Championships at MITB. BUT... he's still going to make sure Chris earns his place... or gives it up to someone who does. So Jericho will have to defend his spot in the ladder match against... this man. Enter Sami Zayn, who comes in very focused, very ready to take advantage of this opportunity, and get closer to his destiny. Jericho is protesting, but a referee is already running down the ramp, about to ring the bell. IT'S ON! Money In The Bank Ladder Match Qualifier: Sami Zayn vs Chris Jericho
The two countrymen have a strong match, Jericho being shocked that he has to compete yet again, but still able to hold his own against the younger competitor. Zayn flies around the ring, showing a lot of promise, but Chris won't go down without a fight. The match starts to turn the tide, and becomes more equal, as Jericho's experiences outranks Zayn's insane bursts of offense! Sami lands a big Tope Con Hilo, and throws Jericho back into the ring, looking to finish it off with a Helluva Kick! Jericho is up in the corner, trying to recover, but Zayn won't let him have it! He's running at full speed, ready to finish this match off and seal his fate... JERICHO GETS OUT OF THE WAY! Zayn pulls his foot away from the turnbuckles, but Chris shoves him shoulder first into the corner, causing Sami to wail out in pain! Sami and Chris break down into a brawl, with Zayn furious, beating Jericho into a corner, leaving the referee no choice but to break it up! Chris can be seen fiddling with the turnbuckle, but Zayn yanks him off, Chris pulling off the pad as well! Chris uses this to his advantage, breaking off from Zayn and hitting his injured shoulder with a big kick! He pulls on the arm, using all his wait to throw Sami into the corner! BANG, RIGHT INTO THE TURNBUCKLE! The referee realizes what happened, and picks up the pad, trying to secure it back to the corner! Jericho comes from behind Zayn, who's clutching his jaw! LOW BLOW, REFEREE DIDN'T SEE! JERICHO WITH THE CODEBREAKER! Referee rushes to count the pin! 1... 2... 3! Sami just got screwed out of the ladder match, again! Chris Jericho defeats Sami Zayn to retain his spot in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match (12:31)
Jericho quickly leaves the ring, raising up his arms and celebrating, jogging up the ramp as the crowd boos him out of the building. Sami is left in the ring, clutching his groin, clutching his arm, clutching his jaw, he doesn't even know what to tend to at this point. Sami gets to his knees, and looks out to the crowd, who applaud him for giving it the old college try. But suddenly... out comes Shane McMahon. Shane says that he knows what just happened was not right, and that even though Stephanie is blocking him from taking Chris out of the match, he does have ONE LAST THING... that Sami can do to get into this match. He's just called up a new star, someone who wowed the NXT audience in just the few months he was there. He admits that respects Sami, but if he must face him to get off to a strong start, he WILL go through him. A vignette plays, showing Japanese characters, hype packages featuring the land of the rising sun. Who else could it be... but this man
HIDEO ITAMI, FRESH FROM INJURY, IS NOW ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW! He enters to big applause, shaking hands with Shane McMahon, before stepping through the ropes and staring down Sami Zayn, who's holding his shoulder, but still has both eyes on the Japanese phenomenon. The crowd gets riled up as the graphic pops up on the screen, Sami Zayn vs Hideo Itami is official for Money In The Bank, who the fuck is ready for a classic? Money In The Bank 2016
It's time for Money In The Bank, and everyone is on edge. The people in the namesake ladder match, other competitors in other matches, even those watching at home and in attendance. Everyone knows this is going to be a big night. One final shot backstage shows Sami Zayn rotating his arm, wincing just a little bit, but ignoring it, knowing what's ahead is more important. Hideo Itami can be seen walking through the halls, everyone shooting him interested looks, wanting to check out the new signee. Money In The Bank Ladder Match Qualifier: Sami Zayn vs Hideo Itami
This match is an instant classic. Hideo Itami bringing the strong style, Sami Zayn dodging a lot of the strikes with his strikes and agility, doing whatever it takes to stay ahead of the match. Sami turns the acrobatics up, springboarding off the ropes and taking Itami down any time he can! He trades chops with Itami, switching up to forearms when Hideo turns up the heat with shoot kicks and palm strikes! Many times, Hideo tries for the GTS, but Sami escapes, always reversing with an elbow to jaw, trying to soften Itami up for the Helluva Kick! They break down into a strike off, refusing to give into each other, always going for a harder hit, a more swift strike, going off the rails as this match leaves the crowd breathless, yet begging for more. Sami starts taking more risks, bouncing off the ropes to hit an insane springboard crossbody to the outside! Hideo isn't being left out of this either, deciding to cut Zayn down on the outside, before rolling back in, and getting all the way up to the top rope. He says a prayer, looks down at Sami, and shoots for the stars, aiming for the moon! DOUBLE FOOT STOMP ON THE OUTSIDE CONNECTS, OH GOD! He rolls Zayn back in the ring, this must be it! 1... 2... NO DICE!
Hideo stalks Zayn, who's now on his knees, and begins shooting off insane roundhouse kicks, refusing to show mercy to Zayn, who continues to try and rise, but just can't! Hideo cracks him with another shoot kick to the chest, causing Zayn to fall back into the mat. Hideo realizes this is it, and backs up into the corner, waiting for Zayn to come back to reality. He dares for Sami to get back up, but it takes a while for Zayn to even begin moving again. The referee asks him if he can continue, and Zayn nods in the slightest, just barely staying in at the referee's discretion. Sami slowly, very slowly pulls himself up, and Itami knows it is time to finish this... he runs, picking up speed, raising his knee up, ready to take his head off, SUNSET FLIP POWERBOMB KNOCKS HIDEO ITAMI OUT OF THE FUCKING SKY, OH GOD! SAMI WITH THE PIN ATTEMPT! 1... 2... ITAMI KICKS OUT! Hideo aims for a wicked roundhouse, but Sami dodges again, running the ropes and lands a perfect twirl a whirl arm drag! He kips up, and looks over at Itami, staggered in the corner! HE PICKS UP SPEED, READY FOR THE HELLUVA KICK, HIDEO HOPS UP TO THE MIDDLE ROPE AND HITS A MISSILE DROPKICK!
He's back up, and now he's picking Sami up, everyone knows what's next! He's got him on his shoulders, about to knock his head clean off his shoulders with the most dangerous move in wrestling... he lifts him up... NO, SAMI GRABS A HOLD OF THE HEAD! HE HOOKS THE ARM BEFORE ITAMI CAN THINK, BRAINBUSTER! HE'S KEEPING A HOLD OF THE HEAD AND ARM STILL, BACK UP ON HIS FEET! ANOTHER BRAINBUSTER! He's back up, now dragging Itami over into the turnbuckles! CORNER EXPLODER SUPLEX! Hideo is caught up in the turnbuckles as Sami stumbles over into the opposite corner, the crowd fully behind him now, egging him on as he tells Itami to get up, get up, GET UP. Hideo drags himself up, only to get a shot of Sami charging at him with all his might! HELLUVA KICK CONNECTS, BANG! INTO THE COVER! 1... 2... 3! AGAINST ALL ODDS, SAMI ZAYN HAS DONE IT, HE HAS PUNCHED HIS TICKET TO THE LADDER MATCH! Sami Zayn defeats Hideo Itami to qualify for the Money In The Bank Ladder Match (14:09)
Sami Zayn is ecstatic, he can't believe he's just done it, he really did it, he's finally got some momentum on his side! He riles the crowd up even more, and climbs the turnbuckles, pointing out ever Underdog From The Underground shirt he can see, every person who is cheering him out, chanting his name. Zayn and Itami share a moment in the middle of the ring, embracing and shaking hands, before Hideo leaves, allowing Zayn to have his moment. It might just be Sami's night! Later On In The Night...
After the show opener, all people can talk about is the Money In The Bank ladder match. With Sami Zayn as a new entry, all people can talk about is how Zayn might affect the dynamic of the match. We all get words from the competitors that were already in the match. Dean says Sami's got a lot of people on his side, but he's tired, he's injured, and he'll just get in the way, so beware, because Ambrose isn't letting anything stop him. Rusev and Lana are hungry for their next big win, the dominant Brute ready to elevate and reach a higher plane of success, Lana saying he will ravage all other competitors in the match. Baron Corbin is indifferent to Sami's inclusion, saying he remembers seeing him when he first arrived in NXT, but he wasn't much of anything in his eyes. Corbin says he could give a damn about Zayn's comeback story, he'll break him in half and put him on the shelf for another seven months if he thinks he can step up to the Lone Wolf. Jericho is livid about this, he says that he beat Sami fair and square, so obviously this is a conspiracy to keep him away from the very thing that he created. Cesaro simply slides on his shades, fixes his sport coat, and tells Zayn to bring it on. Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin vs Cesaro vs Chris Jericho vs Rusev vs Sami Zayn
Everyone makes their entrances, ready for the opportunity of a lifetime. Dean shadow boxes on his way to the ring. Baron Corbin slowly makes his way down to the ring, stalking Dean as he circles the ring before nonchalantly rolling in. Cesaro tears off his suit and takes off his shirt, tossing it into the crowd as he climbs the turnbuckles. Chris Jericho swaggers down, refusing to acknowledge the fans, instead deciding to slowly step into the ring and measure his opponents up and down. Rusev bursts out of nowhere, with Lana following, telling him repeatedly to crush everyone in sight. As everyone waits in the ring for Sami Zayn... nothing happens. They wait for his music to hit for two minutes... but once again, silence. The MITB graphic stays on the screen for the longest time, confusing everyone. What the Hell is going on here?
Finally, there's a feed that goes backstage. A cameraman is following a commotion happening backstage, and several voices yelling out can be heard. The camera gets into position... it's Sami being attacked, ambushed as agents try and catch up, doing whatever they can stop this from continuing. The attacker slams Zayn through a door, and gets him up on his shoulder. POWERBOMB INTO THE LOCKERS! Sami slumps over, but the attacker isn't done just yet. He picks Zayn back up, and POWERBOMBS HIM THROUGH A TABLE! Sami writhes in pain as the cameraman walks up to get a better look at him. The agents check up on Sami, and yell at the attacker, who the camera pans around to reveal as... Kevin Owens. Back early from suspension already, Owens smiles as Zayn tries to get back up. Kevin grabs him by the neck, gets him up on his shoulders yet again, POWERBOMB ON THE UNFORGIVING FLOOR! Zayn is out cold as KO walks away calmly, the agents being joined by referees and medical team, urgently telling people to get Zayn some help, he needs medical attention, leaving the competitors in the ladder match to deal with yet another change in the match. With no choice but to go on with the show, the match goes on, everyone chasing after the briefcase. Like in real life, Dean Ambrose is able to unhook the contract, and cashes in later on in the night on Seth Rollins to win the WWE Championship. Money In The Bank Fallout Raw, June 20th, 2016
Kevin Owens is walking through the halls, not having a care in the world, until he comes across to a steaming Shane McMahon. Shane goes off on Kevin, telling him he has a lot of nerve attacking Sami AGAIN, and taking him out of the ladder match. McMahon says that he has grounds to fire Owens, for repeatedly attacking a roster member, ignoring a suspension, aggravating an already existing injury, putting a coworker in danger. All this time, KO stands there, his smug smile stuck on his face despite how much more angry Shane gets. McMahon asks Owens what he has to say for himself, only for Kevin to say that some time into his suspension, he started to feel like he "wasn't being heard" by management, and instead was being punished for defending himself. So he made a call, and had a very interesting
conversation with someone who isn't happy with some of the decisions Shane made. Enter Stephanie McMahon, who picks up where KO left off, saying that it's a disgrace that he was suspended without
Steph's input, calling Shane impulsive for making such a big decision without going over it with her first. So instead of going on with this, the suspension was lifted, and Owens was encouraged to make his presence known at Money In The Bank. And boy, he really did, didn't he? Stephanie warns Shane that even though they're running things together, he better not to cross the line. More importantly, he better not cross her
. Stephanie and Owens walks off, leaving Shane flabbergasted. Build to Summerslam
Alright, now we're coming up to around where the brand split, and Smackdown going Live, is being hyped up and talked about. So, I gotta change a couple things about this, so just stay with me. The brand split obviously is staying, with Steph taking Monday Night Raw and Shane taking Smackdown, but it doesn't go into affect as soon as it did in real life. We're going to hold things off so Battleground and Summerslam so the brand split can get off to a fresh start with new stories, and more clear direction, instead of having matches that don't really mean anything since some guys will be separated anyway. So the Draft is now scheduled to happen right after Summerslam. Alright, back to it.
After a few weeks of Stephanie and Shane McMahon butting heads even more often than before, nobody can agree on what to do. The supposed brand split and Draft is close to being in shambles, because the siblings are just about ready to tear each other's heads off. Stephanie demands the first draft pick since Raw IS the flagship show, but Shane says that Smackdown going live makes it the prime time, and if WWE really feels like Smackdown matters, then THEY should get the spotlight for once, not Raw. The arguments continue to escalate, and when Vince visits, they can't even hold it together for the sake of their father. Vince, tired of hearing all this all night, shuts everything down. He says that this is ridiculous, that they're both grown ass people who should know how to work with those they don't like. So here's what Vince suggests: Shane and Stephanie will pick one guy each to sign right off the bat, in order to represent their respective brand. At Summerslam, these two will go head to head for all the marbles. Whoever wins that will get the first pick of the draft for their brand. Steph and Shane stare each other down, before agreeing to the proposal, wanting to settle this before the Draft gets underway.
At Battleground, Shane and Stephanie come out, and announce their proxies for Summerslam. Stephanie cuts a promo talking about having a killer instinct, and how that very factor is what will make Raw eat Smackdown alive. Which is why she has decided to sign and have herself be represented by Kevin Owens. Obviously. Shane takes over, and says that people like Stephanie and KO are the reason why families fall apart, the reason why best friendships die before people's very eyes. But in light of all the hatred, the vitriol, the venom, the so called "killer instinct", Heart and Soul rise like a phoenix, and fight back, to the point where all the negatives aren't able to handle it. It's the reason why Smackdown has been given a chance to redeem itself after years of neglect... and it's the reason why he has decided to sign and choose Sami Zayn. Sami Zayn walks out, the first time people have seen him in about a month, and he immediately guns for KO. The two brawl like rabid animals, forcing the McMahons to quickly leave the ring in a hurry. Just like old times, Owens and Zayn beat on each other silly, with the commentators exclaiming that this feud will finally reach the end of its chapter at the Biggest Party of the Summer, with it escalating every second, the energy refusing to subside as Zayn and Owens cannot wait for their Final Battle. Summerslam 2016
We've finally made it to Summerslam, and a lot is riding on this night. Stephanie can be seen in Kevin Owens' locker room asking him if he's ready, checking up on him, making sure he has everything he needs and is ready to go. Shane and Sami are seen walking through backstage, most of the time silently as Sami mentally prepares for war. Later on in the night, we get interviews from both men about what this means to them. They echo each other with the sentiment that the Draft and brand split means nothing when it's compared to how long they've waited to get their hands on each other in a match, one on one. Kevin Owens has said that for years, he and Zayn have been together, yet all it took was seconds to betray him. That says more about Zayn being worthless, than it does about Kevin being a snake. Zayn says that he must put this chapter of his life behind him if he wants to ever have success in the WWE. He refuses to let his career go to shambles because of someone who wronged him. Tonight, it ends. No excuses. Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
Kevin Owens walks out first, getting the most nuclear heat you could ever imagine, all of Brooklyn cursing him and his bloodline for years on end. But it just makes Owens crack a smirk at their loathing, Stephanie following him and telling KO to ignore all the negative energy they're trying to throw at him. Owens spreads his arms as the audience try to crucify him for his actions with just his words. But the entire mood of the Barclays Center changes once we're hit with the thunderous sound of "OH OH OH OH... OH OH OH... LET'S GO!", causing everyone to explode in applause, waiting for the entrance... of everyone's favorite WWE Superstar... the Underdog From The Underground! Zayn comes out, laser focused, not even bumping fists with the ringside fans, before hopping up onto the apron and stepping through, immediately turning and staring down Owens, his face undeniably covered in stone. As he takes off his shirt and prepares for the match he's been waiting for for half a year, the referee checks both men, before ringing the bell. It's time for the match we've all been waiting for.
The match starts out with Sami Zayn and KO wrestling like normal, trading quick moves back and forth, back and forth, it's obvious these guys have been wrestling with and against each other for years. It starts out with Zayn surprising Owens with his speed, blasting him with an arm drag, a hurricanrana, a twirl a whirl DDT! Owens quickly leaves the ring, staring up at Zayn as Sami shakes the ropes violently, yelling at Kevin to get back in here and finish this. KO rushes back in, and Sami bounces off the ropes, looking for a crossbody! Owens catches it, holding him in the cradle! But Sami lands elbow after elbow after elbow, forcing Kevin back, until he's tumbling out of the ring again, this time with Zayn in his arms! They end up on the apron, and Sami tries for a big Helluva Kick right then and there, only for Owens to catch the leg and take him up on his shoulders! He's about to powerbomb him off the apron, WAIT, HURRICANRANA SENDS OWENS FLYING DOWN TO RINGSIDE! GET HIM, SAMI!
The match continues, Sami letting his anger get the best of him and trying to bash out Owens' brain! He throws KO into the barricade, rallying off big fists, bouncing off his face as Zayn gets out all that anger, all the raw emotions he's been forced to hold onto. But in light of this, Owens takes advantage, and gets his own shots in, like ramming Zayn back first into the apron, and tossing him into the crowd while he takes a breather. Sami won't let that slow him down though, as he steps off the barricade, looking to attack, ONLY FOR OWENS TO CATCH HIM AND THROW HIM FACE FIRST INTO THE RING POST! Owens starts wailing on Zayn, beating him into to a pulp, before throwing him into the steel steps with all his might! Owens continuously rolls back in and back out of the ring to break the count, and punishes Sami for ever trying to challenge him. Stephanie is ecstatic, but Shane is worried about Sami, wondering if he made the right choice. Owens slams Zayn face first into the steel steps, before getting him up on his shoulders. No way.. could he be thinking... OH GOD, POWERBOMB ONTO THE HARDEST PART OF THE RING! ZAYN IS FUCKING DEAD, KEVIN THROWS HIM TO THE FLOOR! Kevin slides into the ring, chuckling down at an unmoving Zayn, now laid out at ringside. The referee begins to count, and Zayn remained still, not even sure where he is. Stephanie is cheering KO on, while Shane is imploring for Sami to get back to his feet. The count slowly gets higher, and it's beginning to look like we might get a countout result... until Sami's arm shoots up. The crowd explodes as the Underdog From The Underground slowly gets to his knees, realizing the count is dangerously high now. Seven, Sami is at his knees, doing his best to drag himself up and get back into the fight. Eight, Sami throws himself at the apron, trying to muster the strength to slide back in. Nine... ZAYN IS BACK IN, HE'S SAVED HIMSELF AND SMACKDOWN! HE BEAT THE COUNT!
Owens tries beating on him again, furious that his former best friend has survived, but Zayn begins to draw momentum and support from the WWE Universe! He reverses a German suplex, flipping out of it and hitting a standing double foot stomp, before following up with a barrage of forearms, before rebounding off the ropes to hit a big arm drag that exiles KO to the ring! Sami takes advantage, building up speed with everyone's eyes in attendance on him! TOPE CON HILO CONNECTS, SAMI ZAYN IS NOT DEAD YET! He throws Kevin back into the ring, only to force him into the corner with more forearms and a dropkick! Zayn blasts Kevin with elbows, refusing to let him escape his clutches, battering him with unforgiving shots! He stacks Owens up on the top rope, and follows him, thinking some kind of superplex that could put him away for good! He beats on Owens one more time, and begins to set up! But wait, it's not for a superplex! AVALANCHE HURRICANRANA, HOLD ON, NO DICE! Owens has got him up, he's kept hold of him! OH NO! AVALANCHE POWERBOMB BY THE PRIZEFIGHTER, OH GOD! IT'S OVER, IT'S OVER! Kevin with the pinfall! 1... 2... GODDAMMIT, ZAYN SOMEHOW KICKED OUT! HOW THE FUCK DID HE DO THAT! OH LORD!
Kevin has snapped, he's kicking down Zayn, telling him to stay down, telling him he's worthless, he's means nothing, but it's no use! Kevin backs up, and blasts Zayn with a forearm, forcing him back down to the mat! Owens, not even sure what's happening, climbs back up the top rope, getting desperate! He gets his feet set, hoping this might be it, hoping this will spell the beginning of the end... and it is... just not in his favor. ZAYN KIPS UP, HE LOCKS EYES WITH KO! He runs, and jumps straight up from the mat to the top rope with him! FOREARM CONNECTS, ANOTHER FOREARM! Sami dodges a punch, and grabs the head, hooking the arm in as well! He lifts him up, wait no. No way. Oh my God. AVALANCHE BRAINBUSTER, KO'S HEAD SPIKED ON THE TOP TURNBUCKLE! Kevin crumbles to the mat, still in the corner, as Sami pulls himself up by the bootstraps. Tears in his eyes, face red, screaming at Kevin to get his ass up. The crowd is on their feet, Shane is jumping up and down, knowing it's time to finish it off. Kevin stumbles up, holding onto the ropes for support. Sami lets out a war cry, and runs at him, full sprint. HELLUVA KICK! COVER! 1... 2... 3! IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! SAMI ZAYN HAS DONE IT! HE'S BANISHED THE DEVIL ON HIS SHOULDER, THE UNDERDOG FROM THE UNDERGROUND HAS RISEN! Sami Zayn defeats Kevin Owens (18:07)
Sami Zayn crumbles over Owens' body, too tired to move. Shane McMahon slides into the ring, and hits Sami with an ice pack and a hug. He shakes Zayn, telling him he's done it. Sami slowly picks himself up, Stephanie glaring at him as she remains frozen in place. Zayn falls to his side, staring up at the lights, realizing he's finally done it. He's finally conquered his demons. He's finally overcame his biggest obstacle in WWE. And now... now he's about to enter a brand new landscape, filled with new challenges, filled with all sorts of chances for a new start for Sami Zayn.
submitted by MGTElite489
to FantasyBookingElite [link] [comments]
2020.10.07 15:08 daprice82 Japanese locker room voyeur
Going through old issues of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and posting highlights in my own words. For anyone interested, I highly recommend signing up for the actual site at f4wonline and checking out the full archives.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Sure, 10:08am is a good time to post this, right? Ugh. Sorry my schedule is all stupid lately.
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon doesn't actually do HLA
- We open with the death of Ted Petty, better known as Flyboy Rocco Rock of legendary ECW tag team Public Enemy. Petty passed away at age 49 of a massive heart attack while traveling to work a show in Philadelphia. He was riding with his girlfriend and told her he was having trouble breathing. She asked if he was having a heart attack and he never responded again and pretty much died at that moment. She called 911 and paramedics told her they would meet her at the next toll booth (she was driving) but when she got there and paramedics arrived, he was already dead. He had complained of chest pains for about a week prior, but never went to a doctor about it. Petty was known to keep himself in good shape and despite the gimmick, he didn't have a big reputation as a partier or drug abuser and it looks to have just been possibly an undiagnosed heart issue rather than anything scandalous. Dave recaps the history of Petty, his rise through the independents, forming Public Enemy, where they were huge stars in ECW and a major reason for their that company's rise in 1994-95. They also had brief runs in WCW and WWF that didn't work out great. This obituary has quotes from Gabe Sapolsky, Lance Storm, Mick Foley, and others. Dave notes that Petty was known to have saved his money well over the years, especially the big WCW money they made, and he only wrestled for fun these days, not because he needed to.
- WWE Unforgiven is in the books and was a night of controversy, good wrestling, and bad finishes. The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar match ended in a double-DQ and that was not the original plan. The original plan, devised by Pat Patterson, was for Lesnar to pin him, and then Undertaker would snap, go berserk, and leave Lesnar bloodied and beaten down in the ring after. Undertaker was extremely against the idea of doing a pinfall job, feeling there'd be no reason to do a rematch afterward (despite the post-match angle that was planned). Taker went to Vince and convinced him to change the finish, which head Smackdown writer Paul Heyman wasn't thrilled about. So they did the same angle, with a double-DQ and then Taker snapped and still murdered Lesnar after the match. Needless to say, most people are looking at this as Undertaker not wanting to put over Lesnar. The crowd hated the double-DQ finish and pretty much everyone except Taker and Vince realizes it was a bad decision. That being said, Dave kinda sees Undertaker's point about needing to keep him strong to do a rematch, since they don't have anyone else built up for Lesnar. So he's not too mad at it, but Lesnar needs to win the next match clean with the F-5.
- The other big swerve of the show was Stephanie McMahon being forced to participate in some Hot Lesbian Action in front of the crowd because Billy & Chuck lost to Jamal and Rosey. Needless to say, that didn't happen and the crowd was furious but, like, did they really expect Stephanie to get naked and start munching some box in front of the crowd? That's a really crude way of putting that, sorry. But yeah. WWE's thinking was that, since babyface Stephanie turned the tables on heel Bischoff, the fans would accept it. But that was a pretty obviously flawed theory and clearly not understanding their audience of horny dudes.
WATCH: Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Yoshihiro Takayama - NOAH 2002
- Other notes from the PPV: Benoit vs. Angle was the clear highlight, the best technical match in WWE in ages. Then there's Triple H/RVD, and Dave says a lot of people in the company are accusing Triple H of working the match in a way to purposely expose RVD's weaknesses. Triple H has apparently spoken out against RVD in creative meetings recently some felt this was Triple H's way of putting the brakes on that push. The way the match ended sets RVD up for a feud with Ric Flair now, meaning no rematch with Triple H, and that leaves Kane as the only halfway credible challenger for his title. Lance Storm took a scary bump off the top rope during the opening match and was shaken up for a moment but ended up being fine. Dave jokes that Ric Flair came out to Bob Sapp's entrance music (Sapp has been copying Flair's entrance for his MMA fights in Japan. Aren't jokes better when they're explained?!). The announcers spent half the match talking about how Flair isn't the wrestler he once was and how you can't beat father time. How does saying that help anyone? Some idiot in the crowd had a sign that said "Guerrero moed my lawn" and Dave mocks them for misspelling it. Dave gives Benoit/Angle 4.5 stars and calls it a MOTY candidate. The Stephanie/HLA segment took place ending with lesbian Rikishi giving Bischoff a stinkface. LesnaTaker was a good match until the finish killed the whole damn PPV.
- WWE confirmed what's been known for months, officially announcing Seattle's Safeco Field as the home for Wrestlemania 19. They had a big press conference with all the top stars except Rock and Hogan, and they all cut short promos and teased potential matches and angles. They also had a press conference and the only notable things were Vince being asked about the downturn in business, which is said was temporary and wrestling is cyclical and how things will be hotter than ever when Wrestlemania comes.
- Mitsuharu Misawa became the first ever 2-time GHC heavyweight champion, winning NOAH's top title in what was said to be one of the best matches of the year. His opponent, Yoshihiro Takayama, suffered serious injuries from the bout and word is he'll likely be out of action the rest of the year. The show, which only had 2 weeks of promotion, sold out Budokan Hall and out-drew AJPW's recent shows in the same building that featured Goldberg. Takayama (who is kinda like a Japanese Mick Foley and has built a career on being able to take ungodly punishment) suffered a broken nose, dislocated AC joint, torn ligaments in his shoulder, broken right eye socket, and more. Takayama was basically trying to re-create his brutal MMA fight with Don Frye and so he told Misawa to beat the shit out of him and, well....he did. Harley Race was there and congratulated Misawa after the victory in the ring. Anyway, on this same show, Kenta Kobashi wrestled his first singles match in almost 2 years, and looked great. There's word he may be back in the title picture soon, which no one ever expected to happen again after all the knee surgeries.
WATCH: America's Most Wanted story on Messiah thumb incident
- Tons of new details on the story of Brian Ong, who died at the All Pro Wrestling school in California last year and the story just came out. Well, it came out big, being picked up by all the major California news outlets and Dateline NBC is looking to do a story on it as well. Ong died back in May of 2001 when he was training with Giant Singh (Great Khali) and a spinebuster spot went awry. According to the police report, Ong was told the trainer he was dizzy and then started vomiting. 911 was called but when they arrived, Ong was unconscious. As they started to take him to the hospital, they noticed he no longer had a pulse and rushed him to the hospital while doing CPR, but he died en route. Police spoke to everyone there, including Singh who was said to be very upset about what happened and in his limited English, told them he didn't mean to hurt Ong. The report says Singh was so shook up and emotional that he couldn't even remember his own birthday. Regarding what happened, the story that pretty much everyone told is that Ong basically took the move wrong and didn't tuck his chin, which caused his head to hit the mat before his back. When he got up, he was disoriented and not responding to people and then began vomiting and passed out. Anyway, this all happened back in 2001 and was kept quiet until the family filed the lawsuit and the story got out. Lots of people knew Ong had died, but very few knew that it happened in wrestling practice. In fact, several wrestlers had heard that Ong died in a car accident. Singh has since been signed by NJPW and has been working there since last year.
- Former WWE star Brian "Road Dogg" James did an interview this week talking about the drug issues that cost him his WWE career. James said he's had drug issues since high school and the only time he's been clean since then was when he was in the military. When he got out and got into wrestling, his addictions got worse and never stopped. By the time he was fired from WWE, he was separated from his wife and has spent much of the last year and a half living in a halfway house, in and out of rehab. He talked about being proud of what he accomplished in WWE with DX but also said he's not proud of being high through most of it and teaching kids around the world to yell, "Suck it!" He said since joining a Christian-based rehab 6 months ago, he's become a more religious person. Said he didn't have a problem with any specific drug in WWE, but the fact that he was making big money and was famous, he lived a rock & roll lifestyle and his problem was with all the drugs. He said WWE tried to help him and intervened several times and he doesn't blame them for firing him. But he also says he doesn't think WWE realized how bad his problems were. After they fired him, he went to jail for a DUI, and he was already on probation for a domestic violence charge. He violated parole again by failing a drug test and spent a month on house arrest. When he got out, he got another DUI and spent another 3 weeks in jail before going to rehab. So that's what he's been up to the last couple years.
- The Nicole Bass $120 million sexual harassment lawsuit from way back when is still a thing and it went to trial this week. Bass and Vince McMahon himself both testified. Bass claims she was sexually harassed by WWE agent Steve Lombardi (Brooklyn Brawler) on an overseas flight to London in 1999. "He grabbed my boobs," Bass testified while crying on the stand. "He crushed me into the galley wall and pressed up with his whole body grinding against me." She testified that she tried to knee him to get him off her, but missed, so she then slapped him and pushed him back into his seat. Lombardi was in the courtroom and the New York Post claims he was smirking during her testimony. WWE lawyer Jerry McDevitt's counter argument is that Bass was a lousy wrestler who is making up the story because she was upset about being fired. WWE denied any knowledge of the incident and said Bass never reported it and no one else on the plane has confirmed seeing it. McMahon testified that he believes Bass is making up the story. "You're just trying to throw dirt against the wall, trying to make something stick," Vince said directly to Bass during his testimony. In her lawsuit, Bass also claimed Shawn Michaels simulated a sex act when standing behind her, that male WWE employees often went into women's locker rooms, and that during an angle where she was supposed to get hit with a guitar by Jeff Jarrett, they used a real guitar instead of a gimmicked one, causing her to be injured. Bass testified that company masseuse François Petit came into her dressing room uninvited and saw her in the shower. She also claimed Triple H and Billy Gunn once came into the women's locker room with no warning to check out the local strippers that were going to be portraying Godfather's ho's that night. So that was the first day of the trial, it's still ongoing at press time.
- IWA wrestler Chicky Starr has left the promotion and is jumping ship to WWC, the latest shot fired in the war between the 2 Puerto Rican promotions. Starr had been unhappy with the booking in IWA and tried to rally the wrestlers against Savio Vega (head booker) to complain about it. In response, Vega booked a match with Starr and a partner against another team and the loser would have to leave the promotion for 90 days. Starr knew about the match and the angle, but he didn't know the finish until he arrived to the arena. When he found out he was losing and Vega intended on enforcing the stipulation (meaning no work for Starr for the next 3 months), he walked out on the company, called up Carlos Colon, and struck a deal. Starr left WWC back in 2000 and Colon had made it clear he would not take back anyone who had walked out on him. But WWC is desperate right now and others convinced Colon it was necessary for business, so he took Starr back.
- Motoko Baba officially announced her farewell from AJPW to fans at the recent shows. Ms. Baba is the only person remaining in the company who has been there from the start in 1972. She said she will no longer have any duties or involvement with the company and starting next week, it will become an all-new promotion under Keiji Muto's leadership. Tokyo Sports newspaper ran a story, with a quote from Antonio Inoki who predicted Muto would run AJPW out of business in 6 months. Dave jokes that Inoki didn't make a prediction on how long it's going to take himself to run NJPW out of business. Because he damn sure seems to be trying. When asked, Muto shrugged off the insult and wouldn't even say Inoki's name.
- NJPW announced Seiji Sakaguchi as the new company CEO. Dave says it was a surprise because Sakaguchi is on the board but hasn't been involved with NJPW business much in recent years and was planning to retire soon, so this came as a shock. But he's good friends with Inoki and Inoki respects him enough that Dave hopes he can stifle some of Inoki's insanity. Basically filter him like he's Antonio Russo.
- Dave reviews the latest NJPW episode of TV and says it was among the worst shows ever. The tag team main event was the worst match Dave can remember NJPW ever putting on last. Chyna was there cutting terrible promos to build for the match nobody wants to see with her vs. Masahiro Chono. She also cut a promo on Hiroshi Tanahashi saying he doesn't know how to wrestle, which is the funniest goddamn thing I've ever typed in these Rewinds. They showed the moonsault that Tenzan nearly killed himself on and it was brutal. Dave says he doesn't understand how he didn't break his neck. All in all, NJPW sucks right now and Dave ain't here for it.
- All Japan Women is bringing in a woman billed as Amazing Kong for some shows. They're promoting her as the female version of Bob Sapp, since they're both large and black and she'll probably be booked to be dominant like Sapp is. So....yeah. In case you're wondering, yes, this is Awesome Kong very early in her career.
- ROH's latest show featured a ladder match with Michael Shane vs. Paul London that had fans chanting "match of the year!" when it was over. Low-Ki also lost the ROH title to Xavier (RIP) which many fans were questioning. But the goal from the beginning was always to have a strong first champion with hopes that Xavier would then be solidified as a top guy by beating him. So that's the goal. The show also featured a tournament to crown ROH tag team champions, won by Christopher Daniels & Donovan Morgan. The show did get some criticism for running too long and had too many matches, but overall good show. Oh, it also featured a promo by 2 new debuting wrestlers by the names of CM Punk and Colt Cabana, who apparently showed up to the arena (not booked, they had worked a 3PW show earlier in the day across town) and worked out a deal on the spot to get booked on this show. They'll make their in-ring debuts for ROH in November.
- America's Most Wanted aired their story on the Messiah thumb chopping incident. They interviewed Messiah and some other indie wrestlers and showed a bunch of deathmatch clips and whatnot. Nothing much more to it that hasn't already been covered here. The case remains unsolved officially, but we all know what's up and the story heavily implies the same thing. The story on America's Most Wanted pretty much painted it as wrestling being an unseemly business and dirty things happen.
WATCH: WWE Kane & Pete Rose commercial
- TNA's getting a new influx of money soon but no details have been released. All Dave knows is that it's said to be from a huge international company, and word is the money is enough to keep the promotion running for several years. Of course, this is pro wrestling and Dave hears that shit from people all the time so until a deal is signed, take it all with a grain of salt. Negotiations are still going but within the company, it's thought to be a done deal. Dave is curious what the power structure is going to be and who's going to be fully in charge of TNA when this is all said and done. Historically, people who try to run wrestling companies without any wrestling knowledge don't fair well.
- Notes from TNA weekly PPV: Jeff Jarrett and Brian Christopher totally blew off the angle they've been building for weeks, no match, just a misunderstanding and now everyone's moving on to new programs. Former Road Dogg debuted as BG James who came out in a mask and revealed himself, to zero reaction and cut a promo about he and Jarrett walking out of WWF together in 1995, which no one remembers. Saved by the Bell star Dustin Diamond faced Tiny the Timekeeper in a worked boxing match angle that was terrible. CM Punk made another debut, this time in TNA, teaming with Ace Steele in a three-way tag match. There was a tag team battle royal style match with confusing rules that made no goddamn sense. Buff Bagwell was brought back, since they have new money coming in. And X-Pac, going by the name Syxx-Pac, made his debut with Scott Hall. But overall, pretty awful show.
- Steve Austin is scheduled to go to trial on Oct. 9 on the misdemeanor domestic violence charges he's facing after the incident with Debra a couple months back. Most cases of this type are settled out of court before they go to trial so it probably won't get that far. Austin did his first public interview this week and said he's undecided about returning to wrestling but right now, the divorce with Debra is off and they are trying to work things out. Dave says WWE wants Austin back, but it's largely dependent on him getting his personal life in order first and then really, it's a matter of whether he even wants to come back.
- Notes from Raw: they made a new rule for the brand split, no more jumping back and forth. Now wrestlers can only switch brands if a trade is worked out between Bischoff and Stephanie. This was done because Bischoff's character is going to be the heel GM who mistreats all the talent and they wanted to close the loophole because otherwise, why wouldn't everyone just quit and go to Smackdown if they could? At least WWE in 2002 was still trying to tell halfway logical stories, as opposed to 2020. Big Show vs. Jeff Hardy was awful, with Big Show looking terrible "and Jeff is just another story." The Pete Rose/Kane commercial for No Mercy is great. Randy Orton was apparently the first "trade" as he has been moved to Raw and was pushed hard as a babyface. So hard, in fact, that Dave suspects they're intentionally trying to give him The Rock debut treatment, where they put him over so much that the fans turn on him and then he can be a hated heel. Dave actually likes the idea. Speaking of Orton, there's been talk of forming a new Four Horsemen group soon, with Triple H and Ric Flair leading it, along with Randy Orton and someone else still to be determined (still 4 months away from it happening, but this is obviously the first mention of what becomes Evolution).
NEXT WEEK: Keiji Muto officially takes over AJPW, Vince McMahon floats the idea of reviving ECW, Nicole Bass/WWE trial continues, and more...
- Juventud Guerrera got a tryout at the latest Smackdown tapings in a dark match. He was specifically told before the match to slow it down and limit his high spots. So of course, he went out to the ring and went 100MPH and did probably twice as much stuff as they wanted him to do. Didn't win him any brownie points (yeah, seems like that was a bad idea because he doesn't get signed and instead goes to TNA. Eventually makes it to WWE in 2005 and Vince has him riding a goddamn lawnmower to the ring which is one of the less-talked about racist things WWE has done over the years).
- Notes from Smackdown: Lesnar beat Cena in a total squash match (won't be the last time) and Dave thinks Cena can't get anymore buried right now so it doesn't matter. Until they turn him heel and repackage him, he's dead in the water (sure enough, Cena was thought to be on the verge of getting released around this time, until the heel white rapper gimmick revived his career and the rest is history). That's pretty much the only thing worth noting.
- Goldust did an interview this week and was asked if he thought there would ever be a gay babyface character in WWE and he said no, feeling like the fans won't accept it. That was sadly true for far too many years and even now in 2020, it's still an issue. Look at all the shit Sonny Kiss was catching a few weeks back when he was scheduled to challenge Cody for the TNT title, for example.
- WWE has signed a couple new developmental wrestlers and will be sending them to OVW. The first is Sylven Grenier, a Montreal wrestler that Pat Patterson knows. The other is Orlando Jordan, who's been wrestling in Maryland independents. Dave says he's heard a lot of good things about Jordan in particular and from what Dave has seen of him, he definitely has potential.
- Dave has heard from a lot of sources that there's concern about Jeff Hardy. Those close to him feel Jeff doesn't care about wrestling anymore and is completely burned out. He's been late to numerous shows in the last few weeks and was fined multiple times for it and didn't even show up to the recent PPV until midway through the show. Needless to say, there's some people in the locker room who are a little upset about it. Basically, if Jeff doesn't want to be here, why does WWE keep pushing him so hard ahead of guys who work hard and want that spot? But hey, Jeff Hardy still gets a superstar reaction, so there's your answer (yeah, Jeff really needed rehab and time away at this point. He'll get it soon enough).
- WWE has hired a new ring announcer named Justin Roberts, who has been doing announcing on the indies for awhile. He was brought in for Smackdown because the normal ring announcer, Tony Chimmel, was on vacation. Roberts did a good enough job that they hired him to be a full time employee.
- Shawn Michaels did a WWE.com interview and said he wasn't hurting too bad after his match at Summerslam, at first. But about a week later, the pain kicked in. However, he did say he thinks he still has one more match left in him. Dave figures that'll probably be at Wrestlemania (turns out he still had about 500 matches left in him).
- On the new Hulk Hogan DVD, they show a match from 1979 with Hogan vs. Ted Dibiase at MSG and it's billed as Hogan's first WWF match ever. It was indeed Hogan's first match in Madison Square Garden, but it was not his first WWF match ever. He had been doing TV squash matches in WWF for at least a month prior to that match. Don't ever try to slip an incorrect fact past Meltzer.
- Dave says that Jim Cornette apparently loved the letter that Larry Matysik sent in to the Observer last week. In fact, he loved it so much that he made everyone in OVW read it to learn about the psychology of booking.
- Porn star Kendra Jade was at WWE's latest PPV and she's apparently trying to get into wrestling. Some fans reported that people recognized her and some parents and even kids took photos with her.
- The current plans for Smackdown is to build the show around 3 teams: Edge/Mysterio, Chavo/Eddie, and Benoit/Angle. Dave thinks that sounds pretty incredible (indeed it was. And so the Smackdown Six was born).
submitted by daprice82 to SquaredCircle [link] [comments]
2020.10.06 04:25 Ted_Kool Tales of ISÏRE
Listen to this for maximum immersion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E77jmtut1Zc
Gather round schittling children, for I will tell you a tale of woe and fright on this new moon night! Do not tread lightly out of sight, for you will be surely lost to the woods! *owls coo* Come children, come come come, gather round the fire! That's it! Fill all available logs with thine bottonings! Very good. Very good!
Now my friends: The Tale of the Sugar Sucker
In 2014, long before your time, there was a loving family in a whitling fragrant village on a small island off the coast of Japan. The family- the Hikaganas- owned a video game shop where they sold cards, figurines, restored dreamcasts and gameboys, and bootleg gamecube games. One day, Asai was helping his father in the shop and saw a new gachi-gumball machine his father had just purchased alongside a shipment of kundams and vintage pacman arcade cabinets. Asai-kun was notorious for having a sweet tooth- or in Japanese “jai-shoju” and absolutely HAD to have one of these lolly-flavored-gachi-goku-neko gumballs. He begged his father for a 500 yen coin desperately but to no avail. His stern, unavailable father was much too busy being crushed and grinded daily by the endless toil and misery of serfdom in modern Japan. Defeated Asai shulked and slumped upstairs to set up the FOOTON and nap, totally crestfallen.
Asai’s dad came upstairs at 8:00 PM as usual and sat at the table to wait for dinner. Like a decent mother and wife should, Misaki prepared a beautiful traditional Japanese dish of rotting fish and burned vegetables, one of Asai’s favorite dishes! “Sugar soy sauce! Thanks mom,” Asai said gracefully as he clasped his hands together, “ITADAKIMAASUUU!”
Now Asai was used to a high sugar intake, as his normal diet of processed and fast food was filled with them; burgers, fries, chocolate shakes, pizza, and Kentucky Fried Chicken- you name it! Each meal contained hundreds of grams of sugar and Roundup per serving, every French fry containing 20g of sugar each! Like a porn addict searching for increasingly degenerate material that’d normally be taboo or illegal in any healthy society (think diapers, bdsm, scat, inflation, animal cuckoldry, etc.) in order to get off, Asai had to get his sugar fix. He had to have one of those gumballs.
Asai thought of a plan with his superior Asian intellect, which when observed under close scrutiny isn’t actually all that impressive. You see, Asians are all part of a hive mind and are trained from birth to be emotionless automatons (called “Gundams” in Japanese). If you watch drone videos of their cities you can see their ant-like behavior quite clearly. They respect and take care of their surroundings and each-other because if one worker unit is harmed, its pain is distributed across the entire population of Japan equally. This results in a constant feeling of acute pain and can be seen on older, withered Japanese faces- ready for death. Additionally, much like his roach-like cousins, the Chinese, his schooling was observed with artificial intelligence cameras that would detect- via facial expressions- if the programming material was being absorbed.
Now, back to Asai’s plan. He’d sneak down to the store late at night, tip-toeing around his parents, grandparents, and eight siblings who all slept in the same room on the floor like chinky-bug slave dogs, with no dignity or comfort.
Asai slowly slid the kimono covers off him and stood up, paying careful attention to not disturb any of the others that were pressed against him. Asai tip-toed across the tama and slowly slid the rice door open, letting out a silent exhale in relief. He had made it to the hallway- halfway there.
Asai would have to move silently as the walls were made of rice paper. Once he reached the steps he would be home free. The old original rotting floor creaked under Asai’s unwashed feet. He prodded sections of the floorboard in front and to the side of him, trying to find areas that wouldn’t creak. His heart was pounding, as he would be severely beaten with his father’s bamboo stick if found out of bed. *Creeeeeeaaaak* Asai snapped his head to the rice door in a panic to see if there was any reaction. Light shuffling could be heard beyond the door but Asai persisted with the temptation of gachi-roku-hachimoto gumballs swirling around his fatty tuna head.
He reaches the stairs and stops for a second and gulps. *GULP* He timidly places his right foot on the first steep to prod and feel for creeks. Phew! Safe. Then the next foot comes down. *light creak* Asai quickly moves his foot and frantically looks for a spot while his arms flail about in an anime fashion in an attempt to balance himself. Step. CREEEAK. Step. CREAK. Step. Creeeek. Step. Creek. Asai’s fat jelly crust feet finally touch the cool concrete floor. Light rustling and groaning could be heard. Asai clutched his chest in shared pain- another business man jumped in front of a train.
He closed the door quietly behind him and rushed to the front of the store. There it is! The pristine glass which had been obsessively cleaned by his father twenty times gleamed in the moonlight with a shimmer sound effect. He licked his chapped lips and began banging on the glass globe with his hands. Consumed with the lust of sugar he lost all composure. The glass cracked and slow-motion engaged as the glass broke with a stock sound Asai downloaded off freesound.
Asai’s eyes lit up and he threw his hands into the glass bowl and grabbed a handful of gumballs, stuffing them into his mouth piggishly. His father’s muffled footsteps could be heard from above, quickly running to the stairs. Asai didn’t care; he got what he wanted and could take any punishment with honor. The tachimoku paddy door of the store slid open quickly and Asai’s father stepped in with bamboo in hand.
“Otōsan! Your rokushakubō cannot hurt me!” Asai said laboriously through the several gumballs stuffing his cheeks.
“Asai-san,” his father grinned. His eyebrows furrowed into a pissed off expression, “you’re a pathetic little worm- wāmu. All your siblings are better than you in every way! 恥辱!” Otōsan lunged towards Asai and struck his right cheek with the sweet spot of the bamboo cane, forcing Asai to spit out all the gumballs. Luckily for Asai, the sugar had given him enough energy for him to power up.
Unbeknownst to his father, Asai had been following a rigorous training regimen in the hopes of becoming one of the most feared samurai in all of Suzuki Prefecture. This regimen consisted of one two-hour long viewings of jutsu compilations early in the morning before any food or drink is consumed. Asai forced himself to wake up at 4:30 AM every day and practice along with the videos until he mastered every single movement and nuance, channeling his inner Chi. At 6:30 AM he would eat two pieces of bread with rice while playing SSMB, the quickest and most pure form of smash in Asai’s words. He liked the snappiness of the movement and the responsiveness of the controls and felt that other brawl games couldn’t compare. He would memorize and recite the lines of Fox McCloud, as well as perform the dodging moves and taunts for two more hours.
At 8:30 Asai went to school and in between class, would routinely restore his foreskin by tugging on it hard for several minutes in the stalls. Asai was born with a very tight foreskin/ phimosis so he would pull on it to loosen it up. He was circumcised loosely as a baby and resented his parents ever since. In fact, he would ruminate and constantly think about killing them and himself because of what they did to his infant penis- stating that all the problems in his life stemmed from circumcision, and that his parents were suckered into it by Lebanese doctors.
He had been doing this practice religiously for several years now, and his foreskin was roughly the length of one cubit. He saw it as a form of meditation and relaxation in between the stress of high school. Girls, math problems, gym locker rooms, you name it! Asai took reprieve in the quiet stalls across campus brutally tugging away at his lengthy foreskin. He used this time to reflect on his martial arts practices he did earlier in the morning and would come out of the stall, give a relieved exhale, and practice his moves in the mirror.
At 3:30 school was finally over and Asai walked home excited to practice more. If his father didn’t have any chores for him in the store, he would practice swordplay in the yard for hours. Asai had a large collection of swords and knives from his favorite animes, katanas, and ceremonial weapons. He would make up his own form of katana moves and CQC moves, draw the steps out on paper, and practice them well into the evening.
Asai cracked his knuckles and punched his father square in the jaw, giving a loud “HEIYAH!” as he made contact. Otōsan stumbled backwards, catching himself on the glass display counter containing various Gameboy advanced games and Tiger wristwatches.
“Asai! HAAAAAAI!” Otōsan got up and pumped his fist backwards as he clenched it. He charged Asai, tackling him to the ground and hitting his head on the tile floor repeatedly while holding his long, dyed hair. With every blow, his father let out a “NAI NAI NAI NAI NAI!”
Asai hadn’t trained for this position, he was totally helpless. Asai turned on his stomach trying to crawl away but his father started punching him in the back of the head like a bestgore video, where Asai’s head started bouncing back and forth with each swing until the ground was covered in a bright red froth. Asai had passed out and his body went stiff, his hands curled inwards in a decorticate posture as he snored and wheezed uncontrollably, trying to swallow his own tongue. His father staggered off him and shook his hands from the pain, holding and stretching them, knuckles bruised and bloody. He leaned into Asai and whispered, “Maybe you should’ve watched more Joe Rogan MMA fight casting instead of those stupid cartoons,” and walked back upstairs to call an ambulance.
submitted by Ted_Kool to Bombstrap [link] [comments]
2020.10.04 22:55 TheDumbLuck Catalog Categories
01. Kitchen Appliances (99 Items) - 20 NMTs
- Kitchen Appliances (99 Items) - 20 NMTs
- Kitchen Decor (70 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Bedroom (71 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Bathroom (58 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Heating and Cooling (47 Items) - 5 NMTs
- Lights and Lighting (68 Items) - 5 NMTs
- Living Room Essentials (98 Items) - 20 NMTs
- Home Furniture (44 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Rattan Set (60 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Antique Set (30 Items) - 5 NMTs
- Cute Set (50 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Diner Set (54 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Asian and Imperial Set (74 Items) - 15 NMTs
- Throwback Items (63 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Arcade, Games, and Toys (80 Items) - 20 NMTs
- Gym/Sports (68 Items) - 15 NMTs
- Outdoor and Camping Items (89 Items) - 15 NMTs
- Beach Decor (+Wetsuits/Snorkels) (69 Items) - 15 NMTs
- Exterior Decor (47 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Plants and Animals (88 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Interior Decor (59 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Laundry and Sewing (47 Items) - 10 NMTs
- School (70 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Work/Office (76 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Workshop and Containers (53 Items) - 10 NMTs
- Instruments (70 Items) - 15 NMTs
- Musical Equipment and Audio/Visual Items (98 Items) - 15 NMTs
- K.K. Songs (90 Items) - 10 NMTs
02. Kitchen Decor (70 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 4 Double-Door Refrigerator (Black, Red, Silver, White)
- 4 Freezer (Beige, Black, Silver, White)
- 5 Gas Range (Black, Blue, Red, Silver, White)
- 7 Kitchen Island (Black, Blue, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Red, Silver, White)
- 1 Open-Frame Kitchen
- 5 Popcorn Machine (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red)
- 4 Candy Machine (Red, Yellow, Pink, Blue)
- 8 Refrigerator (Black, Blue, Brown, Pink, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 8 System Kitchen (Black, Blue, Brown, Natural, Off-White, Red, Yellow, White)
- 1 Wood Burning Stove
- 7 Espresso Maker (Black, Blue, Green, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 4 Microwave (Black, Green, Red, White)
- 8 Mini Fridge (Black, Blue, Gray, Pink, Red, White, Wood Grain, Yellow)
- 8 Mixer (Bananas, Blueberries, Carrots, Green Smoothie, Kiwifruit, Oranges, Strawberries, Tomatoes)
- 6 Pop-up toaster (Green, Light Blue, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 5 Rice Cooker (Berry Red, Black, Brown, Silver, White)
- 8 Soup Kettle (Borscht, Congee, Corn Soup, Cream Stew, Curry, Green Curry, Hot-and-sour soup, Minestrone)
- 6 Stand Mixer (Black, Gray, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow)
03. Bedroom (71 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 8 Analog Kitchen Scale (Black, Blue, Green, Ivory, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow)
- 7 Cardboard Box (Apples, Cherries, Labeled, Oranges, Peaches, Pears, Plain)
- 6 Coffee Cup (Elegant, Floral, Plain, Polka Dots, Rose, Royal)
- 1 Coffee Grinder
- 4 Cream and Sugar (Brown, Floral, Silver, White)
- 1 Dinnerware
- 6 Dish Drying Rack (Black, Blue, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 1 Kettle
- 3 Knife Block (Black, Natural, Silver)
- 3 Magnetic Knife Rack (Pop, Stainless Steel, Wooden)
- 8 Mug (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red, Turquoise, White, Yellow)
- 3 Pot Rack (Pop, Stainless Steel, Wooden)
- 3 Revolving Spice Rack (Brown, Orange, White)
- 7 Simple Kettle (Black, Blue, Green, Navy Blue, Red, White, Yellow)
- 5 Table Setting (Black, Light Blue, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 4 Tea Set (Blue, Green, Red, White)
04. Bathroom (58 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 5 Accessories Stand (Black, Brown, Light Blue, Pink, White)
- 7 Bunk Bed (Black, Blue, Pink, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 6 Clothes Closet (Black, Blue, Light Blue, Orange, Pink , White)
- 3 Corkboard (Blue, Natural, White)
- 6 Desk Mirror (Black, Blue, Gold, Pink, Red, White)
- 8 Loft Bed with Desk (Black, Blue, Brown, Light Blue, Natural, Orange, Pink, White)
- 5 Mobile (Gorgeous, Hot Air Balloons, Ocean Creatures, Sheep, Space)
- 2 Nail Art Set (Black, Pink)
- 5 Pennant (Classic, Souvenir, Sponsor, Sports, University)
- 8 Rings (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Pink, Red, Turquoise, White)
- 8 Digital Alarm Clock (Black, Blue, Light Blue, Lime, Orange, Pink, Purple, White)
- 8 Old Fashioned Alarm Clock (Black, Copper, Gold, Light Blue, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
05. Heating and Cooling (47 Items) - 5 NMTs
- 3 Bathroom Sink (Beige, Black, White)
- 4 Bathroom Towel Rack (Black, Copper, Gold, Silver)
- 1 Bidet
- 8 Changing Room (Beige , Black, Blue, Brown, Dark Brown, Gray, Green, Pink)
- 6 Claw-Foot Tub (Black, Blue, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 7 Digital Scale (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, White, Yellow)
- 7 Long Bathtub (Black Marble, Green, light blue, Pink, Two-Toned Tile, White, White Marble)
- 4 Shower Booth (Black, Blue, Pink, White)
- 4 Shower Set (Black, Copper, Gold, Silver)
- 1 Squat Toilet
- 1 Standing Toilet
- 5 Tankless Toilet (Black, Ivory, Light Blue, Pink, White)
- 3 Toilet (Dark Wood, Natural Wood, White)
- 2 Toilet-Cleaning Set (Colorful, Monotone)
- 2 Whirlpool Bath (Black, White)
06. Lights and Lighting (68 Items) - 5 NMTs
- 5 Air Circulator (Black, Green, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 6 Air conditioner (Black, Blue, Brown, Gray, Pink, White)
- 1 Outdoor Air Conditioner
- 4 Fan (Black, Light Blue, Pink, White)
- 8 Humidifier (Blue, Brown, Green, Natural, Pink, Purple, White, Yellow)
- 3 Retro Fan (Blue, Green, Orange)
- 1 Retro Radiator
- 6 Round Space Heater (Black, Green, Light Blue, Orange, Red, White)
- 5 Ventilation Fan (Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, White)
- 8 Wall Fan (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
07. Living Room Essentials (98 Items) - 20 NMTs
- 8 Floor light (Blue, Green, Light Blue, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White)
- 7 Rocket lamp (Blue, Red, Yellow, Turquoise, Purple, Green, Pink)
- 8 Soft-serve lamp (Vanilla, Purple Sweet Potato, Mango, Pale Sky, Green Tea, Chocolate Swirl, Strawberry Swirl, Rainbow)
- 4 Floor Lamp (Black, Brown, Natural, White)
- 8 Folding Floor Lamp (Black, Blue, Gray, Light Green, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 6 Glass Holder with Candle (Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, Red, White)
- 4 Light Switch (Gray, Brown, White, Wood Grain)
- 8 Shaded Floor Lamp (Blue, Green, Lime, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow)
- 1 Table Lamp
- 3 Garden Lantern (Black, Bronze, White)
- 5 Candle (Black, Copper, Gold, Silver, White)
- 1 Oil Lamp
- 5 Wall-mounted Candle (Black, Copper, Gold, Silver, White)
08. Home Furniture (44 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 8 Box Corner Sofa (Black, Magenta, Navy Blue, Orange, Pink, Turquoise, White, Yellow)
- 8 Box Sofa (Black, Magenta, Navy Blue, Orange, Pink, Turquoise, White, Yellow)
- 1 Breaker
- 4 Broom and Dustpan (Colorful, Dark Brown , Natural, White)
- 7 Cuckoo Clock (Black, Blue, Green, Natural, Red, White, Yellow)
- 6 Den Chair (Black, Brown, Camel, Green, Red, White)
- 5 Den Desk (Brown Wood, Dark Wood, Natural Wood, Red Wood, White)
- 8 Double Sofa (Black, Blue, Dark Brown, Green, Light Brown, Red, White, Yellow)
- 4 Fireplace (Beige, Dark Brown, Red, White)
- 8 LCD TV (20 in.) (20 in.) (Black, Blue, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 5 LCD TV (50 in.) (50 in.) (Black, Blue, Red, Silver, White)
- 1 Pendulum Clock
- 8 Simple Panel (Black, Brown, Copper, Gold, Light Brown, Light Gray, Silver, White)
- 7 Upright Vacuum (Black, Green, Orange, Pink, Red, Silver, White)
- 5 Vacuum Cleaner (Black, Gray, Green, Red, Yellow)
- 8 Wall-Mounted TV (20 in.) (Black, Blue, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 5 Wall-Mounted TV (50 in.) (Black, Blue, Red, Silver, White)
09. Rattan Set (60 ITEMS) - 10 NMTs
- 7 Baby Chair (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 4 Book Stand (Black, Brown, Colorful, Pastel)
- 1 Cushion
- 4 Floor Seat (Black, Dark Wood, Light Wood, Natural)
- 6 Folding Chair (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, White)
- 1 Futon
- 8 Inflatable Sofa (Blue, Camouflage, Green, Lime, Pink, Polka dots, Purple, Rainbow)
- 6 Serving Cart (Black, Brown, Natural, Red, White, White & Silver)
- 1 Table with Cloth
- 1 Telescope
- 4 Vintage TV Tray (Black, Copper, Gold, Silver)
- 1 Wheelchair
10. Antique Set (30 ITEMS) - 5 NMTs
- Colors are Brown, Reddish Brown, Light Brown, White, Grey, Black
- Items in each color are armchair, bed, end table, low table, stool, table lamp, towel basket, vanity, wardrobe, waste bin
11. Cute Set (50 ITEMS) - 10 NMTs
- Colors are Black, Brown, Natural
- Items in each color are bed, bureau, chair, clock, console table, mini table, phone, table, vanity, wardrobe
12. Diner Set (54 ITEMS) - 10 NMTs
- Colors are White, Sky Blue, Yellow, Red, Blue
- Items in each color are bed, chair, DIY table, floor lamp, music player, sofa, tea table, vanity, wall-mounted clock, wardrobe
13. Asian and Imperial Set (74 Items) - 15 NMTs
- 7 Diner Chair (Black, Blue, Cream, Pink, Red, Aquamarine, Yellow)
- 7 Diner Counter Chair (Black, Blue, Cream, Pink, Red, Aquamarine, Yellow)
- 7 Diner Counter Table (Black, Blue, Cream, Pink, Red, Aquamarine, Yellow)
- 7 Diner Dining Table (Black, Blue, Cream, Pink, Red, Aquamarine, Yellow)
- 7 Diner Mini Table (Black, Blue, Cream, Pink, Red, Aquamarine, Yellow)
- 7 Diner Neon Clock (Blue, Cream, Pink, Purple, Red, Aquamarine, Yellow)
- 5 Diner Neon Sign (Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red)
- 7 Diner Sofa (Black, Blue, Cream, Pink, Red, Aquamarine, Yellow)
14. Throwback Items (63 ITEMS) - 10 NMTs
- 4 Autograph Card (Handprint, Illustration, Signature, Words of Wisdom)
- 3 Cypress Bathtub (Dark Wood, Light Wood, Natural Wood)
- 4 Champions pennant (Black, Blue, Green, Red)
- 4 Fishing Boat Flag (Bounty, Big Catch, Longevity, Launch)
- 5 Elaborate Kimono Stand (Balls, Cranes, Hawk, Tree Peonies, Wisteria)
- 5 Hanging Scroll (Blue, Brown, Green, Pink, Purple)
- 1 Kimono Stand
- 1 Kotatsu
- 3 Low Screen (Brown, Dark Brown, Light Brown)
- 3 Paper Lantern (Dark Wood, Natural Wood, Orange Wood)
- 5 Screen (Bamboo, Dragon, Pine, Plum, Tiger)
- 4 Tatami Bed (Black, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Natural)
- 3 Traditional Tea Set (Floral, Goldfish, Plain)
- 1 Zen Cushion
- 4 Imperial Bed (Black, Blue, Brown, Red)
- 4 Imperial Chest (Black, Blue, Brown, Red)
- 4 Imperial Decorative Shelf (Black, Blue, Brown, Red)
- 2 Imperial Dining Chair (Black, Brown)
- 4 Imperial Dining Lantern (Black, Blue, Gold, Red)
- 2 Imperial Dining Table (Brown, Red)
- 4 Imperial Low Table (Black, Blue, Brown, Red)
- 4 Imperial Partition (Black, Blue, Brown, Red)
15. Arcade, Games, and Toys (80 Items) - 20 NMTs
- 7 Throwback Container (Black, Blue, Green, Light Blue, Red, White, Yellow)
- 1 Throwback Dino Screen
- 3 Throwback Gothic Mirror (Black, Red, White)
- 8 Throwback Hat Table (Baseball, Black & Orange, Black & Yellow, Blue, Green, Red, White & Blue, White & Red)
- 6 Throwback Mitt (Blue, Brown, Camel, Green, Red, White)
- 7 Throwback Race-Car Bed (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 6 Throwback Rocket (Silver, Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Black)
- 6 Throwback Skull Radio (Ash, Black, Gray, Green, Red, White)
- 7 Throwback Wall Clock (Blue, Gray, Green, Purple, Red, White, Yellow)
- 6 Throwback Wrestling Figure (Black, Blue, Gold, Green, Pink, Red)
- 6 Retro Gas Pump (Black, Green, Red, Retro, White, Yellow)
16. Gym/Sports (68 Items) - 15 NMTs
- 1 ACNH Nintendo Switch
- 3 Arcade Game (Combat Game, Fighting Game, Mahjong Game)
- 3 Arcade Seat (Red, Gray, Blue)
- 3 Billiards Table (Green, Red, Blue)
- 1 Dartboard
- 4 Exit Sign (Left and Right Arrows, Left Arrow, Red Exit, Right Arrow)
- 3 Foosball Table (Blue, Brown, Dark Brown)
- 1 Nintendo Switch
- 5 Pinball Machine (White, Red, Blue, Black, Brown)
- 5 Colorful Wheel (Black & Red, Colorful Numbers, Items, Two-toned Numbers, Win or Lose)
- 1 Tennis Table
- 1 Velvet Stool
- 1 Bingo Wheel
- 3 Board Game (Kids, Simple Path, Territory)
- 3 Bottled Ship (Leisure, Pirate, Trading)
- 2 Chessboard (Black, Brown)
- 6 dolly (Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, Red, White)
- 6 Electric Kick Scooter (Blue, Green, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 2 Electronics Kit (Black, Green)
- 2 Fortune Telling Set (Black, Purple)
- 3 Globe (Cool, Sepia, Standard)
- 1 Go Board
- 2 magic kit (Blue, Red)
- 1 Newton’s Cradle
- 1 Plasma Ball
- 1 Sea Globe
- 1 Snow Globe
- 4 Toy Box (Blue, Green, Gray, Pink)
- 4 Train Set (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
- 5 Tricycle (Black, Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow)
- 1 Unfinished Puzzle
17. Outdoor and Camping Items (89 Items) - 15 NMTs
- 1 Blue Corner
- 4 Climbing Wall (Blue, Natural, Pink, White)
- 5 Exercise Ball (Black, Blue, Gold, Pink, White)
- 4 Exercise Bike (Black, Red, White, Yellow)
- 6 Mountain Bike (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 1 Neutral Corner
- 4 Protein Shaker Bottle (Cocoa Flavored, Plain, Strawberry Flavored, Vanilla Flavored)
- 4 Pull-up-bar stand (Black, Blue, Red, Yellow)
- 3 Punching Bag (Black, Blue, Red)
- 1 Red Corner
- 3 Speed Bag (Black, Blue, Red)
- 3 Stadiometer (Blue, Gray, Pink)
- 4 Treadmill (Black, Blue, Red, White)
- 7 Upright Locker (Black, Blue, Green, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 2 Water Cooler (Black, White)
- 1 Weight Bench
- 1 Judge's Bell
- 4 Ball (Basketball, Dodgeball, Soccer Ball, Volleyball)
- 3 Basketball Hoop (Black, Blue, Green)
- 1 Football
- 6 Golf Bags (Brown, Green, Multicolor, Pink, Red, Silver)
18. Beach Decor (+Wetsuits/Snorkels) (69 Items) - 15 NMTs
- 5 Barbecue (Black, Green, Red, White, Yellow)
- 2 Shaved Ice Machine (Green, Silver)
- 3 Smoker (Black, Green, Silver)
- 1 Clay Furnace
- 5 Garden Faucet (Concrete, Mosaic Tile, Red Brick, Stainless, Wooden)
- 6 Handcart (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, Yellow)
- 6 Hose reel (Black, Blue, Green, Red, Silver, Yellow)
- 5 lawn mower (Blue, Green, Orange, Red, Yellow)
- 5 Outdoor Bench (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White)
- 6 Outdoor Generator (Blue, Orange, Red, Silver, Turquoise, Yellow)
- 5 Outdoor Table (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White)
- 6 Camp stove (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, Yellow)
- 1 Campfire Cookware
- 8 Camping Cot (Blue, Camouflage, Green, Pop Pattern, Red, Simple Pattern, Snow Camouflage, Yellow)
- 8 Lantern (Black, Blue, Gold, Green, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow)
- 6 Handy Water Cooler (Avocado, Blue, Green, Plaid, Red, Yellow)
- 8 Sleeping Bag (Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, White, Yellow)
- 3 Stovetop Espresso Maker (Black, Red, Silver)
19. Exterior Decor (47 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 4 Horizontal-striped Wetsuit (Black, Red, Yellow, Blue)
- 4 Leaf-print Wetsuit (Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Purple)
- 6 Snorkel Mask (Black, Red, Pink, Orange, Green, Blue)
- 4 Beach Ball (Blue, Colorful, Red, Watermelon)
- 6 Beach Chair (Black, Blue, Orange, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 1 Beach Towel
- 4 Cooler Box (Blue, Green, Red, Yellow)
- 8 Elephant Slide (Black, Blue, Gray, Light Blue, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 1 Fire Pit
- 7 Hammock (Black, Blue, Brown, Light Brown, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 6 Lawn Chair (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red White & Blue, Yellow)
- 4 Life Ring (Blue, Orange, Red, Yellow)
- 6 Picnic Basket (Blue, Gray, Green, Red, White, Yellow)
- 2 Sand Castle (Natural Sand, White Sand)
- 6 Surfboard (Brown, Cool, Hibiscus Flower, Red, Stripes, White)
20. Plants and Animals (88 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 8 Heart Doorplate (Blue, Green, Light Blue, Monotone, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red)
- 8 Cone (Blue, Caution Stripes, Green Stripes, Red, Red Stripes, Reflective Stripes, White, Yellow)
- 5 Menu Chalkboard (Blue, Dark Brown, Natural, Red, White)
- 3 Flashy-Flower Sign (Cute, Elegant, Pop)
- 8 Garden Gnome (Sprightly, Sleepy, Surprised, Reliable, Hungry, Laid-back, Passionate, Rebel)
- 2 Mr Flamingo (Natural, White)
- 2 Mrs. Flamingo (Natural, White)
- 2 Skull Doorplate (Brown, White)
- 6 Plastic Pool (Blue, Colorful, Green, Orange, Pink, Polka Dots)
- 3 Poolside Bed (Brown, Dark Brown, Light Brown)
21. Interior Decor (59 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 6 Baby Bear (Caramel Mocha, Checkered, Choco, Cream, Floral, Tweed)
- 1 Baby Panda
- 6 Mama Bear (Caramel Mocha, Checkered, Choco, Cream, Floral, Tweed)
- 1 Mama Panda
- 6 Papa Bear (Caramel Mocha, Checkered, Choco, Cream, Floral, Tweed)
- 1 Papa Panda
- 1 Ant Farm
- 1 Brine-Shrimp Aquarium
- 6 Cat Tower (Beige , Brown, Gray, Navy Blue, Pink , White)
- 5 Hamster Cage (Blue, Brown, Pink, Red, Yellow)
- 7 Kitty Litter box (Black, Brown, Green, Light Blue, Orange, Pink, White)
- 3 Pet Bed (Dark Brown, Natural, White)
- 5 Pet Food Bowl (Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red)
- 5 Anthurium Plant (Black, Brown, Light Blue, Pink, White)
- 1 Cacao Tree
- 5 Cat Grass (Black, Light Blue, Pink, Red, White)
- 5 Cypress Plant (Black, Blue, Brown, White, Yellow)
- 6 Fan Palm (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, White)
- 4 Floating Biotope Planter (Artistic, Black, Brown, White)
- 1 Mini-Cactus Set
- 6 Monstera (Black, Blue, Brown, Red, White, Yellow)
- 1 Moss Ball
- 5 Yucca (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, White)
22. Laundry and Sewing (48 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 1 Butterfly-Fish Model
- 5 Celebratory Candles (Black, Blue, Brown, Light Brown, White)
- 5 Gears (Black, Colorful, Copper, Silver, Wooden)
- 1 Grasshopper-head model
- 5 Fragrance Diffuser (Blue, Green, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 4 Fragrance sticks (Black, Blue, Brown, Green)
- 6 Incense burner (Cherry Blossom, Deep Sea, Forest, Rose, Sandalwood, Tea)
- 4 Hourglass (Black, Brown, Natural, White)
- 4 Macrame tapestry (Blue, Green, Pink, White)
- 1 Magazine
- 1 Mantis Head Model
- 1 Mounted Black Bass
- 1 Mounted Blue Marlin
- 1 Paper Tiger
- 6 Party Garland (Boating Stripes, Colorful, Gorgeous, Orange & Black, Pastel, Pop)
- 6 Tapestry (Animal, Bird, Fairy Tale, Floral, Geometric Pattern, Snow)
- 6 Tissue Box (Blue, Natural Wood, Rattan, Red, Yellow, White)
- 1 Wasp-head model
23. School (70 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 6 Automatic Washer (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 2 Clothesline Pole (Blue, Silver)
- 6 Deluxe Washer (Black, Blue, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 4 Drying Rack (Black, Ivory, Silver, White)
- 1 ironing board
- 1 Ironing Set
- 1 loom
- 3 Old Sewing Machine (Black, Green, Silver)
- 3 Pants Press (Black, Brown, Gray)
- 7 Sewing Machine (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 6 Sewing Project (Black, Blue, Green, Ivory, Pink, Yellow)
- 1 Spinning Wheel
- 6 Sturdy Sewing Box (Black, Brown, Dark Brown, Natural, Navy Blue, White)
- 1 Utility Sink
24. Work/Office (76 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 1 Anatomical Model
- 3 Basic Teacher's Desk (Monotone, Standard, Wooden)
- 4 Book (Encyclopedia, Japanese Literature, Textbook, Western Literature)
- 7 Chalkboard (After School, Art, Blank, Club Activities, Foreign Language, Math, Music)
- 4 Essay Set (Blank, In Progress, Letter, Writer's Block)
- 1 Homework Set
- 1 Lab Experiment Set
- 2 Lecture-hall Bench (Dark Brown, Light Brown)
- 3 Lecture-hall Desk (Dark Brown, Light Brown, White)
- 3 Microscope (Black, Silver, White)
- 4 Painting Set (Light Blue, Pink, White, Yellow)
- 1 Podium
- 6 School Chair (Beige & Green, Brown & White, Gray & Blue, Light Brown & Black, Natural & Silver, White & Red)
- 6 School Desk (Beige & Green, Brown & White, Gray & Blue, Light Brown & Black, Natural & Silver, White & Red)
- 1 Skeleton
- 4 Study Poster (Alphabet, Constellations, Multiplication Table, Periodic Table)
- 7 Whiteboard (Blank, Brainstorming Meeting, Fact Finding Meeting, Language Classroom, Sales Meeting, Schedule, Strategy Meeting)
- 1 World Map
- 6 Double Sided Wall Clock (Black, Green, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 5 Wall Clock (Black, Blue, Red, Silver, White)
25. Workshop and Containers (53 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 2 Aluminum Briefcase (Gold Bars, Stacks of Cash)
- 4 Cartoonist Set (Black, Brown, Pink, Silver)
- 3 Formal Paper (Brown, Dark Brown, Light Brown)
- 7 Modern Office Chair (Black, Blue, Green, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow)
- 4 Office Desk (Beige & White, Brown & Black, Gray, White)
- 4 Desktop Computer (Black, Pink, Silver, White)
- 7 Laptop (Black, Blue, Gold, Pink, Red, Silver, White)
- 1 Server
- 4 Study Chair (Dark Brown, Light Brown, Natural, White)
- 4 Study Desk (Dark Brown, Light Brown, Natural, White)
- 7 Cordless Phone (Black, Light Blue, Pink, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 4 Fax Machine (Black, Brown, Red, White)
- 1 Intercom Monitor
- 8 Rotary Phone (Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 4 Safe (Black, Gold, Silver, White)
- 6 Typewriter (Black, Blue, Brown, Gold, Green, Silver)
- 6 Wall-Mounted Phone (Black, Blue, Gray, Red, Silver, White)
26. Instruments (70 Items) - 15 NMTs
- 5 Floor Sign (No Entry, No Parking, Slippery, Stop, Warning)
- 8 Tool Cart (Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red, Silver, Yellow)
- 6 Toolbox (Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red, Turquoise)
- 4 Tool Shelf (Black, Blue, Green, White)
- 6 Wall-Mounted Tool Board (Black, Blue, Camel, Red, White, Yellow)
- 7 Garbage Bin (Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Red, White, Yellow)
- 1 Garbage Can
- 1 Garbage Pail
- 1 Metal Can
- 8 Oil Barrel (Blue, Caution, Damaged, Green, Light Blue, Light Green, Orange, Red)
- 5 Plastic Canister (Blue, Gray, Green, Red, White)
- 1 Tin Bucket
27. Musical Equipment and Audio/Visual Items (98 Items) - 15 NMTs
- 1 Alto Sax
- 1 Marimba
- 8 Rock Guitar (Coral Pink, Sunburst, Cosmo Black, Fire Red, Natural Wood, Chic White, Cool Blue, Orange-Yellow)
- 8 Drum Set (Black & White, Rose Pink, Pearl White, Golden Yellow, Cosmo Black, Marine Blue, Evergreen, Natural Wood)
- 8 Piano Bench (Blue, White, Light Green, Red, Green, Black, Brown, Camel)
- 4 Street Organ (Natural, Blue, Dark Brown, Yellow)
- 4 Upright Piano (Walnut, White, Black, Maple)
- 3 Cello (Natural, White, Black)
- 8 Electric Bass (Chic White, Cosmo Black, Ash Green, Shocking Pink, Deep Ocean, Natural Wood, Space Silver, Sunburst)
- 7 Electric Guitar (Dark Red, Natural Wood, Cherry, Sunburst, Marine Emerald, Chic White, Cosmo Black)
- 3 Fancy Violin (Natural, White, Black)
- 4 Grand Piano (Black, White, Cherry, Walnut)
- 5 Harp (Light Brown, White, Brown, Black, Dark Brown)
- 6 Synthesizer (Silver, Red, Blue, Brown, Black, Yellow)
28. K.K. Songs (90 Items) - 10 NMTs
- 7 Amp (Black, White, Red, Brown, Orange, Pink, Blue)
- 6 Effects Rack (White, Orange, Black, Pink, Red, Blue)
- 5 Metronome (Black, Cream, Blue, Brown, Red)
- 1 Mic Stand
- 3 Pedal Board (Black, Pink, Green)
- 7 Record Box (Red, Black, Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Pink, Grey)
- 1 Silver Mic
- 4 DJ's Turntable (Black, Brown, Pink, White)
- 1 Film Projector
- 1 Hi-Fi Stereo
- 1 High-End Stereo
- 1 Phonograph
- 8 Portable Radio (Black, Blue, Green, Light Blue, Pink, Red, White, Yellow)
- 8 Cassette Player (Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red, Silver, White, Yellow)
- 6 Portable Record Player (Red, Yellow, Blue, Pink, Black, Orange)
- 3 Pro Tape Recorder (Black, Brown, Gray)
- 2 Retro Stereo (Black, Brown)
- 8 Studio Spotlight (Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow)
- 8 Studio Wall Spotlight (Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow)
- 4 Tape Deck (Black, Orange, Silver, White)
- 2 TV Camera (Black, White)
- 1 Jukebox
- 3 Video Camera (Black, Red, Silver)
- 1 Surveillance Camera
- 4 Director's Chair (Black, Dark Brown, Light Brown, White)
submitted by TheDumbLuck to u/TheDumbLuck [link] [comments]
- (All songs except Welcome Horizons, K.K. Birthday, and secret songs)
2020.10.04 01:38 Diamond-89 Japanese locker room voyeur
MESSAGE FOR 2K AND PATRICK GILMORE ON THE WWE 2K20 SCANDAL AND IDEAS FOR THE NEXT WWE 2K22
WWE 2K22 RENEWED Improvements and Additions [I warn it's going to be a novel]:
[Before talking about the improvements and additions I want to summarize the situation:
Given that we know that the game WWE 2K20 was catastrophic both for the game in general and for sales, and that we (customers) know that if the next WWE 2K22 is not good it will surely be the end of the partnership between you (2K) and the WWE to make way for another partnership with another game development studio, my ideas for improvements and additions of modes that I would like to see on WWE 2K22. One last interesting thing to learn that you're working hard on the next WWE 2K22 is that you're looking at the public's opinion and ideas]. [ Here are my ideas and suggestions for WWE 2K22/ I'm sorry for my English I'm French]
That the bugs be removed ( I am talking mostly about the bugs of the disaster concerning WWE 2K20 )
Review and Rework the Gameplay
That all Superstars/Divas be well modeled
Improve graphics and design
That the whole audience is well modeled
Redesign of the Menus and game modes
Improvement of the WWE Universe mode (Rework this mode which is left to forget since WWE 13/ Improvement of the mode that goes in the continuity of SVR 2011 and WWE 12)
2K Showcase on R-Truth (Heel Turn 2011), The Autority (Best for Business), Tribute to Shad Gaspard "6 or 7 Cryme Tyme Matches".
Return of the Road to Wrestlemania mode with new and original story telling /On 5, 6 or 7 Superstars (Audio Voice of the Superstars, for the improvements that its remains in the continuity of WWE 12/ Subtitles must be translated for each country where the game will be sold)
For the dialogues (the voices) (There will be nothing surprising): Audio dialogs of real superstars in 2K Showcase mode, Road to Wrestlemania mode and why not Career mode (For the GM mode I don't say no to having audio dialogs but it will be a lot of work, for this mode either audio dialogs or dialogs without audio but with subtitles)
Back to GM (General Manager) mode (Improve the mode and let it remain on the same continuity of SVR 2008 either play the WWE SuperstaDiva, or play the General Manager or play the Superstar Create/ As currently at WWE there is no General Manager at RAW and Smackdown except at NXT which is Triple H when is not the possibility or not to choose the General Manager that we want why not also a superstadiva, if you put audio dialogs in this mode forgotten this idea of choosing his General Manager)
Improve Career Mode
Return of the Scenario Mode (As on WWE 13 and WWE 2K14 when stays on the same continuity by improving the mode)
That there are 3 Camera Angles that can be changed and selected in the menu settings and in the pause menu:
Camera of SVR 2010 on PS3/Xbox360 (Camera that changes angle after 3 or 4 takes)
Camera of SVR 2011 on PS3/Xbox 360 (Camera a bit close that changes angle after 3 or 4 takes)
Camera of WWE 13 when the Royal Rumble is there (opposite camera in front of the superstars' entrance)
New match type :
Special Match Referee (One on One, Tag Team Match, Triple Threat Match and Fatal 4 Way) [When is not the choice yes or no in the parameters if we want the referee outfit / Do not forget to put for the special referee the referee icon as in WWE 13)
Lumberjack Match (Customized yes or no or randomly the number of superstars that will be around the ring that you can choose is either 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 superstars and to choose or not to choose the superstars present around the ring/ That the superstars who arrive around the ring come after the entry of the two superstars / If in the ring there is a superstar who belongs to a group that is around the ring that the group around the ring is only 2 superstars if the partner of the group gets hit by other superstars and not by his own group. His own group doesn't attack his own partner if he is at the bottom of the ring but on the contrary moves backwards and doesn't react and when their partner is hit and put back in the ring by other superstars the group moves back around the ring/ If it's a Lumberjack Match with 10 superstars around the ring and that there is a superstar in the ring that belongs to the same group that is at the bottom of the ring 2 superstars minimum is the only exception not 3 superstars for the rest of the number of superstars in the Lumberjack Match that is 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Superstars around (2 or 3 superstars belong to the same group).
(Whether or not there are 3 or 4 types of Match to Unlock in a Superstar's Road to Wrestlemania / it doesn't have to be Unlockable but it's up to you)
I Quit Match (Use the same I Quit system as on WWE 13, but with the referee's microphone)
Punjabi Prison Match (Type of Match to Unlock or not in the Road to Wrestlemania of a superstar example Seth Rollins)
Casket Match (Type of Match to Unlock in Undertaker's Road to Wrestlemania)
Buried Alive Match (Type of Match to Unlock in Undertaker's Road to Wrestlemania)
Boneyard Match (The same type of match at Wrestlemania 36 between Undertaker and Aj Styles)(Customized if we want yes or no the voice of the commentators during the match) (For this type of match their entries are completely different than usual in the shows, at the moment when we want to do this type of match in the Exhibition menus there is a message whether or not we want him to be Undertaker as a fighter as it is his type of match, if we put no we have the possibility to put other superstars than the Undertaker, if we but yes when choose if we want yes or no his special entrance, the special entrance of the Undertaker would be with his motorcycle with his big evil outfit like in Wrestlemania 36)
At the next Wrestlemania 37 if Roman Reigns makes are Special Wrestlemania entrance with the Superman Punch and explosions next to it. Put this type of entrance in the game if we choose as Wrestlemania arena that we are the choice if we want this type of Special Wrestlemania entrance or its normal entrance
Triple Threat Tag Team Normal and Elimination
40-Man Royal Rumble
Five against Five Tag Team / Six against Six Tag Team / Seven against Seven Tag Team Match and Elimination
First Blood match
Backstage Brawl (One vs One, Two vs Two, Fatal 4 Way, Handicap One vs Two/Handicap One vs Three) (As on WWE 13)
Championship Scramble (As on WWE 13)
If the referee takes a Special move and a Finisher by a Superstar (25 second countdown before he gets up)
Raw Underground (That this type of match is possible only for the Superstars of Raw as its name indicates it/ That the Superstars and Divas who fight is two outfits that we can choose in the parameters before starting the match a special outfit Raw Underground for this type of match (same for the referees) and a second "normal" outfit of ring/ Objective to win a Raw Underground match, Win by KO and Submission/ Choose yes or no Superstars and Divas or unknown people around the ring/ Choose with or without commentators' voices in the settings) To put Raw Underground in the WWE Universe mode choose in the settings of WWE Universe either 1, 2 or 3 maximum matches, it would be good that at the beginning we start 2 Raw Underground matches in the WWE Universe mode that it is an Intro of Shane McMahon "which presents itself and says "Welcome to Raw Underground", that it is a type of match only One against One and also playable in Exhibition mode and that it is 2 Matches Raw Underground minimums in the Road to Wrestlemania of Seth Rollins
Activate Yes or No blood in the menu settings
Create your Input (As on WWE 2K14 but to be improved)
Create your Title (As on WWE 2K14 but to be improved)
Create your Special Move and create your Finisher
Create his Arena / Create Logo and that it is logos of the former superstars and former arena for example DX logo, WCW logo and logo of the former Smackdown (As on WWE 13 and WWE 2K14 when remains on the same continuity by improving the mode)
Put your own input music on a USB stick or Hard Disk (as on WWE 13 and WWE 2K14) [Import personal music].
Create your own Titantron (As on WWE 12)
Put your own Titantron on USB key or Hard Disk (Import from Titantron)
Create your own Entrance in two different ways
1- Create your Entry simply
2 - Create your Input sound by having each different sequence (Intro/ Stage/ Ramp/ Ring-In/ Ring/ Finalize) (As on WWE 13 and WWE 2K14)
Improvement of the atmosphere of the audience (It all depends on the superstar fighting)
Changing the colors of the Superstars' outfits
That in a ladder match, table match, Money In The Bank match the ladder and the table after a shock that the laddetable is broken does not disappear whether it remains on the floor or in the ring (Break Half Open Tables) (As on SVR 2011)
Which is the possibility to ladder vertically in the ring (Ladder Positions WedgeLean) (As on SVR 2011)
Place the tables and ladders anywhere, even outside the ring like in a real match.
When a superstar takes a submission hold is that he reaches the ropes there is a count of 5 from the referee when there is no choice or not to let go of the hold until 5 if we do not let go of the hold after the count of 5 we have lost (As in reality)
Who is for WWE RAW/WWE Smackdown/WWE NXT/WWE Main Event the different commentators who usually comment every week during the shows:
- WWE Raw Commentators: Tom Phillips, Samoa Joe and Byron Saxton - WWE Main Event Commentators: Bryon Saxton and Samoa Joe
(If at WWE Raw shows, WWE Main Event and WWE Pay-Per-Views Samoa Joe wrestles in exhibition mode and in any mode put on by Tom Phillips and Bryon Saxton as commentators)
- WWE Smackdown Commentators: Michael Cole and Corey Graves
- WWE NXT Commentators: Vic Joseph, Wade Barrett and Beth Phoenix
(As for Samoa Joe for WWE RAW commentators if Beth Phoenix is playable and is taken to wrestling only in exhibition mode and in any mode of the game put to the commentary that Mauro Ranallo and Tom Phillips)
That the RAW/Smackdown and NXT roster is filled are forgetting a minimum of Legends
Online: That the players that have Superstars create that have 100 of General and that want to play with online is in the impossibility to play online with this type of superstar, that it is maximum 96 of General either it lowers the general of their Superstars in the menu creation or they use a normal Superstars or a Superstars create with minimum 96 of General (I speak to make this idea because the superstars that have 100 General are too difficult to beat online even almost too complicated to beat bad memory on WWE 13 and WWE 2K14 on this defect)
Put the different advertisers current whether to Raw, Smackdown and Nxt
Raw Advertiser: Mike Rome and Jojo Smackdown Advertiser: Greg Hamilton Nxt Announcer: Alicia Taylor
In the game's menu, rather in the settings, you can have the audio voices of French, Spanish, Arabic, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese commentators (audio voices are only available in Exhibition matches, not in the 2K Showcase, Road to Wrestlemania mode, GM mode or Career mode. For the voices of French commentators, I am French and we are the emblematic Christophe Agius and Philippe Chereau).
That there is the possibility to make claims to the referee during the game when a superstar comes out after a fall as in SVR 2010 (claim during the game not at the beginning of the game)
That it is in the menu settings the weight sensor to be activated or deactivated by our choice.
2K Showcase :
R-Truth (Beginning Heel Turn 2011 "Little Jimmy" until the End or explains how he became Face again) :
Beginning Heel Turn 2011 rivalry with John Morrison, rivalry with Rey Mystério, rivalry with John Cena especially also the match at Capital Punishment 2011 for WWE Champion, in team with The Miz "Awesome Truth", they intervene at the match John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk at Hell in the Cell 2011, The Awesome Truth intervene at the match Triple H vs CM Punk Night Of Champions 2011, Match John Cena and The Rock vs Awesome Truth at Survivor Series 2011 and thereafter rivalry with The Miz (Sorry I have on my forgot other games and many details)
The Autority: Beginning The Autority until the end of the "Best for Business" Group (Beginning The Autority Triple H attacks Daniel Bryan at Summerslam 2013 for Randy Orton to cash his Money In the Bank until the end of The Autority: Triple H betrays Seth Rollins and then rivalry between the two men) (Not just Triple H, but the entire band The Autority, including his wife Stephanie Mcmahon).
Since he had a 2K Showcase on Daniel Bryan on WWE 2K19 and there was in this 2K Showcase the rivalry Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton until Wrestlemania 30 to pass his moments and only talk about it in a promo of the 2K Showcase of The Autority
[For this 2K Showcase "The Autority" not only will it be long since it will talk about the beginning of The Autority but also the end of the band (unless the storyling without cutting to not show all the rivalries) but also I don't know if the WWE will agree that Dean Ambrose will be in the game since The Shield was with The Autority and then the two clans were in Rivalry so it's to be seen or not].
If it is not possible to put The Shield in the game in this 2K Showcase the censored same for the promos pass the moments where there is The Shield
Either a 2K Showcase on The Autority or a 2K Showcase on the Nexus (the Nexus from Wade Barrett to the New Nexus from CM Punk)
Tribute to Shad Gaspard: The 6 or 7 Matches of Cryme Time
This 2K Showcase is a tribute to the late Shad Gaspard who passed away this year in 2020, 2K Showcase of 6 or 7 Matches of the Cryme Time team (with JTG and Shad Gaspard) For the 2K Showcase put the advertisers of the time
Road to Wrestlemania (Superstars Ideas): Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Brock Lesnar, Drew Mcintyre, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Bayley
Put intros to the beginnings of each Road to Wrestlemania (a bit like in Smackdown vs Raw 2011)
Logically his superstars who are in the Road to Wrestlemania will be in their own stables and will not go to any other stables.
Example : Roman Reigns is in Smackdown he won't appear in Raw as it's not his stable [Roman Reigns appearance in Smackdown and Pay-Per-Views] [Appearance of Roman Reigns in Smackdown and Pay-Per-Views].
2nd Examples : Seth Rollins is at Raw he will not appear at Smackdown as it's not his stable [Appearance of Seth Rollins at the Raw show and in Pay-Per-Views].
That the storyllings be original and interesting without necessarily taking example on reality, take WWE 12 as an example (WWE 12's Mode Road to Wrestlemania was a good memory).
That it is in the different Road to Wrestlemania at times clashes in the corridors even still in the locker rooms (without abusing of course the most important is the fight in the ring)
For the Road to Wrestlemania cinematics if there are amazing moves and impressive jumps in the audience's reaction (As in the WWE 12 Road to Wrestlemania kinematics)
Idea and Concept: Why not after a while a rivalry between Roman Reigns and The Fiend? (That it is the Firefly Fun House with Bray Wyatt would be quite good of course with the intro of the Firefly Fun House) (If The New Day is still together in reality) One Interaction in the hallways between Jeff Hardy and The New Day
Idea and Concept : "Why not after a while a Seth Rollins Rivalry with Kevin Owens". For the Road to Wrestlemania superstars show sometimes the poster of a match of the superstar that we will control in this Road to Wrestlemania with the American commentator who speaks at the same time of this poster (As in the Road to Wrestlemania in WWE 12 without exaggerating)
Example: Road to Wrestlemania by Jeff Hardy
WWE Smackdown Jeff Hardy vs Cesaro poster (With Smackdown intro music in the background)
With the voice of Smackdown commentators Michael Cole and Corey Graves talking about the game.
Some Superstars/Divas who have their usual tee-shirts should have them (Whether for their Entrance, Road to Wrestlemania and My Caree I said for some Superstars and Divas if other Superstars and Divas do not have a tee-shirt.
2 Matches Raw Underground minimum in Seth Rollins' Road to Wrestlemania (Do not put this type of match in the Road to Wrestlemania of the other supertars, 2 Raw Underground matches in the Road to Wrestlemania of Seth Rollins is enough)
For the Road to Wrestlemania he is the interviewer and interviewer of each team (Raw and Smackdown) when at times there are interviews of our superstar or our opponent in the Road to Wrestlemania (That it is a little interview and not several interviews)
Raw interviewer: Mike Rome, Charly Caruso, Sarah Schreiber Smackdown interviewer: Alyse Ashton, Kayla Braxton
Having the freedom to walk around the corridors, the locker rooms and talk to the superstars and fight like in SVR 2011 (without exaggerating and that it was repetitive for the other Road to Wrestlemania of the other superstars I say this because according to many people on the Road to Wrestlemania of the game "Smackdown vs Raw 2011" it was too repetitive to go in the corridors to find a balance) that the kinematics of the Road to Wrestlemania mode remains in the continuity of WWE 12.
[Redesign of the corridors, locker rooms and parking of the Road to Wrestlemania mode as the corridors and locker rooms and parking that its not exactly the same as in the Road to Wrestlemania of SVR 2011].
submitted by Diamond-89 to u/Diamond-89 [link] [comments]
2020.09.24 05:51 joshuawaggoner90 Japanese locker room voyeur
[Worstverse] Hello readers, my name is Travis and I've started this blog to share with all of you my experiences at Worst Hotel. For the most part it can be said that this story begins with me staggering drunk and broke down a poorly lit but richly littered New York street. Having lost every penny I had to my name in a poker game only about an hour before hand, along with the title to my car and my leather jacket. I had been attempting to check into hotel after hotel, looking for a place to escape the chilling fall night air. To my bad fortune they all demanded a credit card before allowing me to book a room. This put a damper on my plan to crash and dash at the crack of dawn.
I was approaching the end of the street and only one flashing neon sign remained. "Worst Hotel- Vacancy", it read. "Worst Hotel? Why would anyone... Well, fuck it. I'll sleep in the damn lobby if I have to." The peculiar name doing little to deter me, I marched the rest of the way to the door and flung it open, causing a loud brass jiggle bell to clang an ear splitting herald of my arrival. The noise seemed to clang on and on with no hint of quieting. Over the racket I heard an annoyed voice yell from further into the building, "Cut that shit out!" and with that the ringing ceased instantly with not so much as an echo. Across the room I was able to identify the source of the voice. At the end of the lobby was the main desk nestled into recess in the wall, manned by what appeared to be two young men in their late teens, both looking at me with mild irritation. One was tall and skinny with greasy black hair that almost covered his eyes. The other was short and chubby with thick, curly red hair that sat unkempt over a noticeably large forehead.
"What the shit is wrong with that door bell?!" I aggressively inquired at the two boys.
"Nothing's wrong with it." The tall boy answered shortly.
"Yeah, how would you feel if you were minding your own business and some jackass kicked a door into your face? Probably raise all kinds of hell wouldn't you?" The short one added.
"I... What?" I replied in confusion. "It's just a door bell."
"Just a door bell, he says." The tall boy mocked to the shorter one, which caused them both to chuckle for a moment before the tall one continued, "Do you want something?"
"Do I want someth-, yeah, I want a room you greasy prick!" I spat.
Rolling his eyes, the taller of the two turned around and grabbed a key off the wall behind him and hurled it at me like a major league pitcher. I ducked as the keyring flew past my head, smashing into the wall behind me before clattering to the floor. As I glared at him, anger burning in my gaze, he dismissed me with a gentle, twinkley wave of his fingers and a triumphant smirk on his face. The shorter one was now laughing hysterically. As I bent down to begrudgingly pick up the key I read the room number on its tag. The tag itself was an ornate brass oval, aged in just such a way as to only accentuate its beauty. The tag's number was apparently expertly engraved by hand which matched to room 257.
Not wanting to ruin the good luck of having someone literally throw a room key at me before asking for a credit card, I made a B line for the elevator to the right of the desk. As I pressed the call button I turned towards the front dest and noticed that from in front of the elevator doors they were just out of sight behind the desk. The doors opened with a soft ding and as I entered and attempted to press the button for the right floor I realized that, not only had I not been told the correct floor on which to find the room, but more importantly, there were only two buttons. Ground floor, and 8. I leaned my head out of the still open doors and yelled down the way of the front desk, "Hey! Abbot, Costello! This piece of shit only has a button for the 8th floor!"
The tall one slowly leaned his head around the corner, and with an even more prominent and irksome smirk replied, "Well then I guess you better hope it's on that floor then, shouldn't you?" And then just as slowly and slimily drew his head back behind the corner, never letting the smirk leave his face. Cursing to myself, I withdrew back into the elevator and pushed the only available button.
After what seemed like an unreasonably long time to climb only 8 floors the doors dinged once more and opened, releasing me into the hallway. It didn't take long at all to determine the cause of the taller concierge's smirk.
As I exited the elevator the room I laid my eyes on first was labeled #1... I thought surely that was an error or something, but the one next to it was labeled #3 and the ones across were #2 and #4. Nervously I began to walk down the hallway following the continually ascending room numbers. Time seemed to drag on as 12 and 14 were long gone and I was walking up on 87 and 89. I was at a loss as I thought about the dimensions of the building I had seen from outside. There was no way it could have held even this many rooms on one floor, never mind if this meant that they would continue all the way to my 257. It just wasn't possible. But my disbelief was heavily tempered by my desire to rest my head on a soft pillow in a dark room. So I continued on.
122 and 124, 163 and 165, 207 and 209. I counted as I passed them one by one, taking notice that the rooms must have been pretty large given the ample distance from one set of doors to the next. As I got closer and saw the room marked 256 I knew that the next set of doors would be my destination. Rest at last. I hurried my pace as I approached but stopped in confusion as I had the sickening realization that... my room number wasn't where it was supposed to be. On one side there was 259 and on the other 258 and 260, but absolutely no 257. I dropped to my knees in defeat, rapping my fist against the wall where my room should have been waiting for me. The greasy bastard got me. He must have given me a prank key to a nonexistent room knowing I'd have to walk all the way here to find out I'd been had, then have to walk all the way back. At which point I would probably be thrown out after not being able to produce a valid credit card.
I wanted to storm back into that lobby and beat the actual piss out of that boy, but just as I was working up the energy and motivation to, I noticed that their was one more door at the very end of the hall. I squinted my eyes to read the number etched on an aged brass plate lavish enough to equal the tag on my room key.
I was there. I had made it. I stabbed the key into the lock and twisted it free. As I opened the door the lights all lit themselves, revealing a gorgeous Victorian theme with elegant drapery and furniture everywhere. "This has to be a presidential sweet or something." I thought to myself, at the time not registering how stupid the idea of what looked to be such a dilapidated hotel having a presidential room. I didn't let my exhaustion keep me from exploring the palace like dwelling. Everything in the room was of the highest quality and craftsmanship you could imagine. Silk and gold and silver was everywhere and my time working at a local pawn shop was all I needed to tell me that this stuff was all the genuine article. I immediately began rummaging around for the thing of highest value I would be able to cram into my pocket when I left.
I ended up settling on a solid gold ash tray adorned with a few random gems such as emeralds and rubies. My exhaustion getting the better of me I decided to finally take a quick shower in what appeared to be a solid gold tub, and lie down to sleep. Rather than get up early and try to slip past everyone I decided to get a good rest and just make a mad dash for the door instead.
Waking the next day I quickly snagged the golden ash tray in my back pocket and made my way out of the room, but as my feet cleared the thresh hold I felt a sudden pull on my pants followed by a ripping sound and then a dull thud. Stopping, I turned to see that the ash tray was laying in the doorway just inside the room. I felt my back pocket that was now ripped almost completely off. Scowling, I reached down to pick the thing up but as I stood it was jerked out of my hand and fell to the floor once again with the same dull, heavy thud. "What the actual hell?" I mumble to myself, squatting down to investigate my would be pilfered booty.
I picked it up again, this time looking for wires as I felt around and turned it in my hands. I found nothing, so at that I tried to grip it tight and give it a hard yank in hopes of wrenching it free of whatever bond was holding it. I leaned forward and snatched back as hard as I could, but to no avail. The ash tray remained in my hand but my hand also remained in the room with the ash tray. I just stood there for a moment clutching the small, gilded dish as is was blocked by some yet identified force. Determined, I walked into the room all the way to the far wall and heaved the tray at the open door as hard as I could. But instead of passing through it just stopped silently and dropped to the floor yet again, bouncing a little as it landed.
Curious, I began to try to remove other objects from the room, none of which would allow itself to be taken any farther than the door. Angered by this but not deterred, I decided to drop the ash tray out of the window and recover it upon exiting the building, only to find that there was no window in the room. Which made sense now that I had time to think about it. In my exhausted state it hadn't occurred to me that it had to have been some kind of optical illusion, the endless hallway. The elevator must have only went up one floor very slowly and the halls were all built on an almost imperceptible incline as they twist and turn, which made it seem like you just kept walking down an impossibly long labyrinth of halls and doors. And all the objects in the room must be magnetized somehow, which is how they won't cross the doorway.
It was so obvious to me now. This had to be some kind of prank hotel or something. That's why they let me in without asking for a credit card and why everything was just generally so strange. They get some idiot to come in and film him running around like an asshole using hidden cameras and then put it all over TV. Abandoning my attempt at thievery I began to make the long walk back to the elevator.
About half way into my journey I saw another person in the distance about to enter their own room. First thinking it might be another victim of the hotel's ridiculous shenanigans I picked up my pace to warn him that he was probably being screwed with.
"Hey guy!" I shouted as I approached. "There's something up with this p-" I stopped short as I got closer and got a better look at the man. He was tall. Taller than anyone I had ever seen in person. And his pale head which sat on his thin, lanky body was completely bald. When he turned to face me it got even worse. His eyes were wide open and unblinking, appearing to be in a permanent state of terror, and his facial features were all sharp and sunken. I just stood, frozen in shock as he slowly leaned over towards me, bringing his horrific eyes level with mine.
Then suddenly he just started screaming in my face like a lunatic. Over and over he yelled at a volume that made my eardrums feel like they were on the verge of rupturing. At first I could only jump and convulse in response. Not that I didn't scream, because boy did I scream. I was just so horrified it didn't register as a valid response at first, and when I finally did it was just as much me trying to will my legs into tear-assing down the hallway faster than I had ever moved in my life. And I ran track in highschool, so believe me when I say I was moving at a healthy clip. Smashing into corner after coner did little to halt my momentum as I hurtled through the maze of doors and halls, the whole time chanting in my head, "It's just a prank! It's just a prank! I'm being pranked! I'm just being pranked!"
My legs were on fire as I rounded the last corner, finally seeing the glimmer of the stainless steel elevator doors. I smashed into the wall, all but punching the call button over and over and over until the doors slid open with a familiar, soft chime. No sooner did they began to part was I inside the elevator, now brutalizing the ground floor button. My whole body shook as I descended to the lobby. Breathing heavily, I readied myself against the handrails and waited for the doors to chime and open one last time, plotting the exact angle would use to bolt out and make my way to the front entrance as quickly and cleanly as possible.
As the doors opened I pulled against the rails and kicked off the back wall of the elevator with all the strength that remained in my body. Someone was walking into the lobby! I'd be able to make a clean escape without having to stop to pull the door open like I had first calculated.
"YES!" I yelled triumphantly, only feet from the exit. I was almost out of this twisted place and home free.
My face made contact first, then my right knee, then the rest of my body was brought to a sudden and violent stop as I tried to bolt through the opening. I felt the closing door brush against my back as I knocked it aside on my way to the floor. I could feel the cold of the tile underneath me as I heard a voice call out over hysterical laughter as I lost consciousness.
"Holy shit Pete! I've never seen anyone eat it that hard before!"
I was brought back with a splash of ice water against my face. I sat up, ready to fight as I choked on the water. The taste of pennies permeated through my mouth as it filled with blood from what was certainly a busted nose and lip. "UGH BLUGG KA KA!" I hacked as I raised my fist, ready to hammer the person standing over me. As he slowly faded back into clarity I saw it was the tall, greasy haired boy. The smirk on his face now wide as it could ever possibly be.
"The old crash and dash, huh? Yeah that doesn't work here. Can't leave until your debt's all paid up and square. Welcome to Worst Hotel asshole."
"You're gonna need these while you're working here." The shorter of the concierges said as he handed me a black canvas bag with "W.H." embroidered in gold on the front. "You can't do your job without some of this stuff so try to not lose it and shit." The boy who introduced himself as Lezley minutes ago.
He and the slick haired bastard Pete had sat back and allowed me to tucker myself out making attempt after attempt to break through the invisible barrier in the doorway, during one of which I'm pretty sure I broke my hand. All to no avail. It was apparent after a few hours of fast tracking through the five stages of grief that I wouldn't be leaving of my own volition. After which it was explained to me by the two young men that I would be working as a custodian to pay off my debt to the hotel. What's worse is that the room I had occupied was the most expensive one possible. So this wouldn't be a quick ordeal.
"What the hell is this place?" I asked as we left the room where I was presented the canvas bag. "And what the hell was with that tall fucker that freaked out on me?" I continued.
"Tall? Freak out? Oh, you must have ran into someone from 8-61. They're pretty weird but they're not the craziest ones from 8-Cluster. Their hearing isn't as good as ours, so their speech just sounds like screaming to us." He answered.
"What do you mean by 8-Cluster? I have no idea what you're even talking about." I said in confusion.
"Oh right. I should probably explain how things work around here." He began. "Things are about to get a lot crazier than what you've already seen. The messed up floor plan, the tall freak out dude, the invisible barriers. That's barely scratching the surface. So you know all the science fiction stuff where they talk about multiple dimensions and traveling through them and shit? Well, surprise. Turns out there are a bunch of different dimensions, but they're not just all layered one after the other. It's more like how soap bubbles clump together on the top of the water. One clump might have planets with similar conditions to Earth where life evolved the same way as it did here. So you end up with more humanoid like inhabitants like the tall guy. But other clusters can get kinda wild by comparison. The conditions they evolved and survived in are very different, so they look really different from us."
"The shit does that have to do with this place?!" I interrupted.
"I'm getting to that dick hole!" Lezley responded. "So there are 8 clusters that exists on the same plain of physics. And in those clusters there are a whole bunch of variant dimensions with life forms kinda similar to each other. You know how like Wolverine and Spiderman are both Marvel characters, but you never see them in the same movie because different companies own the movie rights to them?"
"No, not really." I answered.
"Well anyway, that's like what a cluster is. And you know how you don't see anyone like Superman or Batman or Flash in a Marvel movie because they're two separate universes?" He kept on.
"Again, NO, I don't. Stop speaking nerd to me." I said with growing frustration.
"So this is basically a nexus for all the different clusters. The hotel is a hub where residents from one dimension can visit other dimensions freely. Unless they've been flagged, of course. Keeping track of each cluster is especially important because the cluster dictates the conditions a guest can survive in. So if you're from cluster-8 like us then you'll probably be pretty happy about oxygen and water. But if you're like from 5-22 and have a high cesium content in your skin, well... Walking around in our atmosphere would feel like getting thrown into a tub of boiling water. Until you die that is. So what we do here is process the guests and give them special apparatuses that let them survive and go unnoticed while they're in different dimension. You know how like in Men in Bl-"
"I know you're not about to say more nerd shit." I interrupted.
"I... NO!" He said defensively.
"You're telling me this is... an interdimensional hotel... for... monsters... Aliens?" I asked in summation.
"I mean, basically. Yeah. That and we act as a haven time to time for paranormal anomalies, and sometimes render various services for them. We're a lot more than just a hotel." Lezley answered. "Anyway, call them whatever you want, your job is making sure the guests enjoy their time here."
"Enjoy there time here?" I echoed.
"Among other things." He added.
"What other things?" I said nervously.
"We'll cross that one when we get to it." He finished as we came to a stop in front of a dilapidated door towards the back of the hotel. A large C-8 printed on the wall next to it. "Here we are, cluster 8 staff living quarters. Ready?" He added with a grin as I nodded, signaling him to open the door. There's nothing that could have prepared me.
At first glance you might mistake the area as a common room at some rustic cabin resort. Rough hewn furniture made from logs, a fireplace in the center, and a kitchen area off to the side. But then I noticed the occupants. The very first one to catch my eye had what appeared to be a bone-like shell or mask covering their face, but after a moment of "eye" contact it began to open and spread out into a set of horns similar to what you'd expect to see on a deer. The face underneath was stark white and smooth as porcelain. The large, dark sockets that had first assumed were caused by shadows cast from the mask like horns were actually just deep, sunken holes. If a were to have seen this in a painting it would have been almost beautiful, but in person, under the circumstances, it was more than unsettling. Even their soft smile and gentle, greeting nod did little to calm me down.
The rest of the occupants, while different in their own ways, were about as far from human as the first one. I jumped as a voice spoke from beside me.
"You're gonna need this too." Lezley said, pulling what looked to be an old fashion iron key from his shirt pocket, holding it hanging by a small chain. "This your room key. I'd tell you to not lose it but..." He trailed off as I took it in my hand.
"But what?" I asked, but no sooner than I did I began to hear a sizzling sound followed by the noise the chain made as it hit the wood floor, and shortly after I felt a burning pain in my hand. I looked down to see the key had begun to melt and was burning into my hand, leaving only a black mark in the shape of a key across my palm where I had been grasping it.
"OUCH!! Fucking damn it man! What was that shit?!" I screamed into his face.
But then I heard a soft laughter pick up from behind me. I turned to face the others in the room with us as they all raised a hand bearing a black key shape in the palm. I turned back to Lezley and started to open my mouth to speak but he cut me off.
"That's the key to your room. Only people marked to that room can open the door. Keeps you from losing the key and someone else using it." He explained, giggling as I rubbed my still burning hand.
"You guys would make a fucking fortune in security systems." I retorted sarcastically.
"This place does have lots of... unorthodox ways of solving problems. You'll figure that out more and more as you go on. Room's that way." He ended, pointing to a hallway almost hidden in the far corner of the room, opposite the kitchen area.
Opting to not socialize with my new interdimensional co-workers, I slunked across the room towards the hallway. Only pausing briefly to exclaim "Tell that other greasy prick at the front desk to eat a dick at his own convenience!"
"Haha! I'll pass the word along." Lezley said, as he closed the door behind him.
I started looking for my room only to realize I didn't know which one was mine. There were numbers on the doors but I wasn't told which number I should look for. I glanced down at the key marking on my palm, noticing that instead of the key having teeth, in their place was a number that I guessed might match the right room. I followed the number to room 19 and turned the nob. The door opened with a click and creaked open.
The first thing I noticed was that there were two beds. One looking tidy and unused, and the other was made but had various nicknacks and effects adorning the wall and shelves around it. Attempting to process the idea that I would have a monster from another dimension as a room mate, I plopped myself down on the vacant bed and stared at the ceiling. But before I could even let my imagination run wild as to what kind of twisted goblin I would be rooming with for the foreseeable future, I heard a knock on the door.
Nervously I stood and grasped the doornob. I gave it a gentle twist and open it just enough to make a crack large enough to see through. My vision was not met with the otherworldly gargoyle I had expected, but rather what appeared to be a human woman in her 20s. If I had to give an off the cuff description I call her, well... pretty damn cute. Excited I swung the door the rest of the way open and asked louder than I intended, "Are you my room mate?!"
"Uhhhh, no." She answered plainly. "I'm the only eight one thirty seven who's off right now, and they like to have someone from their own dimension help get them settled if possible. And other than me it's just Lezley and Pete. So here I am."
"Oh, well that's... mildly disappointing." I huffed under my breath. "Anyway, my name's Travis." I added, extending my hand.
"Good for you." She said as she turned and began to walk back down the hall towards the common room.
I closed the door behind me and hurried to catch up. As we rounded the first corner she began to explain that there were currently almost 50 staff members who hail from cluster 8. Only four of which being from 8-137, which according to her, is the dimension we come from. Once we entered the common room she brought me to the kitchen area and explained that we were allowed to use some of the money we earned to buy things we needed like food.
"How do we get that stuff if we can't leave?" I asked.
"You'll figure that out later." She dismissed.
She opened a door that blended into the boards on the wall revealing a walk in refrigerator with multiple compartments all individually numbered. "They work just like the rooms. Only you and your room mate can open the cabinet with your number." She said, pointing to the number on the closest cabinet. "So if any of your shit comes up missing you know what happen to it."
"You sound like you've got everything figured out." I said, trying to force small talk. "How long have you been here?" I added.
"About two weeks." She answered, closing the refrigerator door. "You get used to things fast in this place." She opened another concealed door. "This is the pantry. Same deal."
I stood in mild shock as she began walking back down the hallway where our rooms were located, but I shook myself out of it after a few seconds and made my way behind her. Before we left the common room she added, "TV has cable but it's always shifting through dimensions mid show so don't bother. At first interdimensional porn sounds kinda hot, but then one day you're in the middle of Supernatural, the cable shifts, and then you can't sleep for three days. WIFI password is WorstDayEver followed by your cluster number and your dimension. Best stick to that and regular porn."
After we passed room 50 in the hallway it opened up to a small locker room with two doors at the far end. "Left one is toilets, right one is the bath. It's Japanese style but don't get too excited. It's hard to bathe with some strange being from another dimension staring at your groin trying to figure out how it works." She said.
I shivered as I imagined having my junk ball gazed by some of the nightmarish creatures I had just seen. Fortunately that thought was interrupted as she continued, "Oh yeah, speaking of, you should have one of these in the bag you got earlier." She then brushed her hair back, revealing some short of silver piece of jewelry that twisted around and inside of her ear.
"These let you understand the different languages the other workers speak. And they all have one so they'll be able to understand you." She elaborated. "That's about all you need to know until tomorrow when they put you to work. I'm in room 23, so if you need anything... Stay as far away from that room as possible."
And with that she spun on her heel and left me standing there in the locker room. I made my escape as I noticed several of the other occupants rounding the corner, undressing as they walked. I made my signature B-line for my room, slamming the door behind me and diving head first into my bed. After lying there for some time I had manage to doze off, only realizing this as I was being woken by a gentle tugging on the sleeve of my shirt. I opened my eyes to see a pale, porcelain face with deep, black, empty sockets only inches from my own. I howled, spouting a torrent of profanity as I made my best effort to claw my way up the wall next to my bed.
"HOLY FUCKING CHERRY PICKING JESUS WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT SLINGING HELL NAME OF VIC MOTHERBITCHING MIGNOGNA?!!" I exclaimed in my frenzy as I attempted to claw my way up the wall, causing the deer like horns on top of its head to slam shut back into its mask-ish shape. "Oh, holy shit, it's just you..." I coughed in exacerbation. "What... what do... want?" I asked, gasping for oxygen.
The creature began to speak in a soft, bell-like language I couldn't understand. After realizing I couldn't understand, it reached for the canvas bag beside my bed and produced a small box, and from the box it withdrew the same small metal device that the girl from earlier had in her ear. So, taking the hint, I took the small metallic object and placed it around my ear.
"Is that better?" The creature spoke in the same soothing tone, but now I was able to make out a definite feminine voice.
"Y-yeah. Much." I answered.
"Good. You were having a bad dream." She said. And though I couldn't see her eyes I felt like she was looking into mine with concern.
"Oh, I didn't realize. It's kinda been a crazy couple of days so I'm not surprised." I mumbled more to myself than anyone else. "Sorry I freaked out on you like that. I feel like a dick cause you were just trying to help."
"It's quite alright. Up until today you didn't even know that beings such as myself from other dimensions existed, so it's understandable to be a little apprehensive." She reassured me.
We spent several minutes conversing about getting used to the new environment and coming to terms with such far out notions as other dimensions. After a while the strangeness began to fade from her appearance as I started to realized what a kind and caring soul she had. While we spoke, what I once thought to be the horns on top of her head began to slowly drop and unfurl into impossibly thin hairs, almost like spider's silk that couldn't be bothered to tangle or stick to one another.
As the conversation drew to a close she rose from where she had been sitting and, with all the grace of a feather in the wind, practically glided back to her bed.
After that I was able to roll over manage a soft, slightly hopeful smile, knowing I had at least one person looking out for me in this insane fever dream of a hotel. Fortunately I was able to get some real sleep before I was jolted back to consciousness by my foot being violently yanked off the bed to the sound of "Move your ass. Time for indentured servitude."
It was the abrasive girl from the night before, and this time my excitement to see her had been greatly tempered. I snatched my foot out of her hand with a groan and pulled the covers back over my head. "Don't be a dick." She said as she ripped the blanket away from me and began to march out the door.
"How'd she even get in anyway?" I thought to myself. Still cranky from my rude wake up call, I began to remove various items from the canvas bag. First were two sets of uniforms, deep black and trimmed in gold filigree. Though it appeared missed matched with the very utilitarian fabrics, and style of the clothing itself being simple cargo pants and a t-shirt. If you took the gold trim off they'd look almost... tactical. Next was another key with a brass tag adorned with the number 1. The burning sensation from the last key still fresh in my mind, I elected to hold it only by the tag for the time being. Next out was a pair of black work boots. Noting extraordinary there. Just... work boots, of the black variety.
The next item took me by surprise. Fumbling blindly around the bag, I felt my hand clasp onto something heavy. As I pulled it into the light my first impression was of one of those collapsible batons the police carry. However this one seemed to be only a solid piece of brass and stashed away in a black leather holster. At that point I thought back and remembered seeing several other staff members carrying these around, but had no idea what it might be used for.
Moments later the she-monster that snatched me from my sleep walked back in with Lezley. When he noticed me holding the small brass bar. "Oh you found it!"
"Yeah, I guess I did. The hell's it for?" I retorted.
With smirk he reached down and took it from me, sliding it from its leather housing. "Check this shit out." He said, never loosing his grin. Suddenly he took the bar and gave it a hard shake. As soon as he did it erupted outward in both directions, transforming into a brilliant brazen spear.
"HEY! Watch it shit-ass!" The girl barked as the spear rocketed past her arm at blinding speed.
"Oh damn! My bad Sash. I haven't messed with one of these in a while. Forgot how fast them shits come out." Lezley apologized. "This is orichalcum. It's serious stuff too. A long time ago a village of bandits got a hold of a little bit of this stuff. Fucking built Atlantis with it. So keep up with it. If you lose it, that's your ass." He continued. As he spoke he continued to shake it, turning the spear to a sword, the sword to an ax, the ax to a dagger, the dagger to a mace, and then back to a small bar before sliding it back into the holster and tossing back to me.
"Ok, I'll say again... WHAT IN THE HELL DO I NEED THAT FOR?!" I exclaimed.
He looked at me for a moment then answered ominously,
submitted by joshuawaggoner90 to NaturesTemper [link] [comments]
2020.09.22 12:16 Nabisukey [Advice] What I Learned About Self-Control from Practicing Martial Arts & Studying Psychology
Don't pay attention to this, it's only a copyright thing. This story was initially published by Nabil Alouani on Medium
It all starts with a story.
The first punch landed on my jaw, the second grazed my right eye — I didn’t see either coming. I needed a few seconds to get rid of the blur in my mind and sight.
“Why was I here again? Oh yeah, that senior year guy insulted my mother in the locker room and I kept parotting his insults back to him — hah that was fun. Time heals all wounds — or almost. First, my jaw and eye recovered, then my already-broken-before-the-fight-arm became functional again. My pride and self-esteem, however, needed special treatment. It wasn’t until I joined Kung-Fu and boxing clubs that I started to feel better. “Next time I won’t be the one crying,” I thought.
Screw the other guy though, where did he come from? Must’ve been from my right side since I was looking left.
Wait, wait, wait, where are the PE teachers when you need them? Shit, hold on! What about my broken arm? The cast seems intact — cool.
Why is this hurting more than it should? What the…are these…tears? ”
My long-awaited next street fight never happened — in fact, no other street fights ever did. At first, I thought it was an ‘unlucky’ coincidence, but coincidences don’t last fourteen years in a row. What happened is that practicing how to fight led me to stop fighting.
Here are the three lessons I've learned in the ring.
1 — Meet Your Inner Monster & Tame it In a letter addressed to Kendig B. Cully, Carl Jung distilled two valuable lessons on how to deal with the dark side of human nature:
“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” First, Jung indicated that when you explore your shadows), you become mindful of the human ability to cause harm to others and themselves — #1 awareness. Second, the founder of analytical psychology highlighted that acquiring such self-awareness is useful in helping others cope with their dark sides — #2 empathy.
In Jungian psychology, the shadows are mostly negative. They involve the unknown and least desirable aspects of one’s personality, such as fear, resentment, hate, and violence — martial arts allow you to handle the latter.
I was fourteen when I landed my first kick in a ring — beginners’ luck made it a precise, robust, and perfectly timed one. The moment my kick landed, my opponent’s eyes closed abruptly, then reopened, and stayed wide open as he fell to the ground. He stayed down, motionless, and kept staring at me. He was extremely shocked, and so was I.
“Why does it feel so good to hurt someone?” I had just met an unknown part of me: one that enjoyed violence — hello shadow. Since then, I’ve had a weekly Rendez-Vous with my inner monster. I’ve been able to learn more about myself, not only by exchanging sparring blows but also by watching other club members fight. Not to mention the master’s contributions: stories, demonstrations, and assignments in and outside our Dojo.
‘Dojo’ is a Japanese term which literally means “place of the way.” For centuries, the word ‘Dojo’ has been used to refer to martial arts training places. Dojos are specially designed to contain violence and tame it. They provide a structure that transforms violent impulses into organized and supervised activities: group workouts, mock fights, and formal confrontations. Once martial artists understand and master their own violence, they become able to cope with it when it emerges from others.
How you can apply the first lesson The first step to learning and practicing self-control during conflicts is to understand your capabilities and those of your counterparts. The fastest way to get a grip on your hidden dark impulses is to provoke them in a safe environment. Your personal Dojo can be your home or your phone. Your sparring partners can be your spouse, sibling, or friend. By experimenting with fake confrontation, you’ll comprehend how you can influence the course of action. Start small by discussing differences in music and food tastes, for instance. From there, you can escalate the training through role-play and remember, the more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in combat.
2 — Activate Your Situational Awareness In my humble Dojo, every rule had its exceptions. For example, no latecomers were accepted unless they had school beforehand. But one rule was unbreakable: “Greet the room as you enter.”
I’ve had my share of push-ups and sit-ups as punishment for skipping the greeting instruction. I thought it was a custom followed blindly, so I didn’t take it seriously — keyword being ‘thought.’ The small systematic gestures were a part of the training: they were intended to boost awareness and decision making.
In the ring, unreflected and intentional reactions can cost you valuable points and sometimes entire fights. That’s why Dojo masters emphasize vigilance. My former sensei introduced alertness training in every possible way: the exercises stretched from greeting the room all the way up to constraint-based mock fights where the trainees were restricted to use only their left arm and right leg while facing an unconstrained opponent.
Vigilance training fosters mindfulness, which allows fighters to actively notice moment by moment the evolution of their environment and themselves. From there, decisions about the next move or how to proceed with the next round start to emerge.
Being vigilant is also useful outside the ring. When you are alert to what’s happening around you and understand how certain thoughts, physical objects, events, and actions may affect outcomes, your decision-making becomes more pertinent.
Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra was about to leave a restaurant in Los Angeles when he noticed a drunk, aggressive individual who increasingly presented a threat to the safety of his family. After observing the violent guy and the surroundings — that didn’t seem to include upcoming help, — Serra decided to intervene. His fighting skills allowed him to safely neutralize the aggressor until the restaurant’s security team showed up.
There were no injuries. Serra went home, and the aggressor went to the police office — a happy ending.
By learning to be fully present during sensitive situations — such as aggressive behavior in a restaurant — you are more likely to integrate information analytically and thoroughly assess your position. As a result, you take action at the right moment and avoid putting yourself and people you care about in dangerous situations — say, for instance, a violent derailment in that same restaurant.
How you can apply the second lesson Improving your situational awareness boils down to processing cues from your environment. You can practice through mental movies as well as real-life situations.
Try to recall the last nasty confrontation you had and observe what made it escalate. Triggers for undesired derailments can be as simple as a change in voice tone, an unexpected reaction, or an external event. When you learn to notice aggravation factors from past experiences, you can anticipate potential negative outcomes and prevent them in the future.
To practice situational awareness in real-life situations, observe your counterparts during the mock fights we spoke about in the first lesson. You can also be mindful of your counterparts’ behavior during small debates, such as deciding about the next step in a project or how to spend the weekend. Remember, the devil hides in the details.
3 — Use the Power of Your Sheathed Sword In February 2007, Joe Rogan confronted Carlos Mencia on stage at the Comedy Store in Los Angeles and accused him of plagiarism and stealing jokes.
Mencia has been stealing jokes from other comedians for years. It has been an open secret in the comic industry, but no one dared to expose the theft — except Rogan. Rogan is best known for his worldly-top-performing podcast. But Rogan is also a martial artist who has been practicing different fighting styles since his early childhood.
Among other things, martial arts allow its practitioners to overcome the fear of confrontation. After wrestling with others, fighters develop confidence in their ability to control themselves and handle outside aggression. Even if it comes down to the worst-case scenario: physical confrontation, martial artists know they can still handle the situation — or at least they’re not afraid of trying. Therefore, martial artists dare to speak up and express themselves. Paradoxically, their acceptance of a possible harmful escalation allows them to prevent it from happening.
Rogan was able to publicly stand up against Mencia and his crowd, thanks to his self-mastery and courage. Rogan maintained his calm in front of an angry mob and spoke harsh truths despite the tense atmosphere. He showed that self-control is a sword that grants power even when sheathed.
How you can apply the third lesson Once you are comfortable confronting your close peers, you can begin to widen your sphere of practice. Whether it’s at a meeting, a discussion with your neighbors, or at the bus station, you can step in to share your thoughts. Start with neutral topics to understand how interacting with an unpredictable audience works. Even if the audience demonstrates hostility, you can quickly retreat since the matter is neutral, and you have nothing to defend. With time and practice, you will learn how to intervene in controversial situations and express your opinion.
Of the three lessons we’ve seen together, this is the slowest to integrate. So take your time and remember that patience is a form of action.
Final Thoughts There are only so many practices that explore conflicts the way martial arts do. After all, physical fights are the ultimate form conflicts can take. Our fear of violent escalations is usually what makes us avoid any potential clash. Unfortunately, sometimes, to clash is the only solution. The pay rise you expect at work, the argument you wish to tackle at home, and the inner fears you want to overcome have one thing in common: they all require confrontation.
What martial arts teach us is that most confrontations don’t require fists to be handled. All you need is awareness, self-control, and empathy. Fortunately, you don’t need to be in a ring to develop these skills. Like sparring partners preparing for an official fight, you can train with your peers before an official negotiation or argument.
Similar to what we saw across the three previous lessons, every oral mock-fight you have with a friend or spouse will teach you more about your monstrous inner impulses. According to Carl Jung, wrestling with your dark, angry side is how you master it. At the same time, you get to observe the reactions of your friend or spouse and ask them questions about how you make them feel. Over time, you’ll develop your situational awareness and respond at the right time — just like Serra did in the restaurant. Finally, when you acquire enough oral fighting knowledge and skills, you’ll speak up for yourself and even defend others the way Rogan did — probably not on stage, though.
If mock oral fights are too much for you, start by micro-confrontations in friendly environments to flex your conflict-handling muscles. Instead of saying “as you want” to your friend or spouse, pick a meal of your preference. Instead of whispering, “nevermind,” tell your colleague or parent what annoyed you. Instead of keeping your thoughts about this post hidden inside your head, hit that keyboard to let them out.
In short, practice fighting in safe, familiar environments so that you don’t have to fight in hostile ones.
submitted by Nabisukey to getdisciplined [link] [comments]
2020.09.22 03:00 Darren716 Post WWE Raw 9/21/2020 Show Discussion Thread
|Winner ||Match Finish ||Loser ||Stipulation |
|Andrade and Angel Garza ||Wing Clipper ||Rollins and Murphy and Dominick Mysterio and Humberto Carrillo ||Winner faces Street Profits at CoC |
|Drew McIntyre ||DQ when Orton attacks Drew with a steel chair ||Keith Lee || |
|Zelina Vega ||Backstabber ||Mickie James ||Winner faces Asuka at CoC |
|Apollo Crews w/ Ricochet ||Roll-Up ||Cedric Alexander w/ MVP || |
|Shayna Bazler and Nia Jax ||Kirafuda Clutch ||Lana and Nattie || |
|Asuka ||DQ when Zelina attacks Asuka ||Peyton Royce w/ Billie Kay || |
|The Hurt Business ||DQ ||Retribution || |
Rate this week's Raw
- Kickoff with Retibuton storming down to the ring, wearing new masks that more clearly show who they are, we are told they have all signed WWE contracts. Mia Yim says they aren't doing this for money, they are showing how corrupt the system is. Dominick Dijakovik says they won't collect money like whores and that they will make sure all of WWE feel retribution. The Hurt Business storm down to the ring and cause Retribution to duck out the ring. MVP says they aren't so tough and once they got their contracts, without any chainsaws or crowsbars, they're running scarred like hoes. More retribution surrounds the ring and climbs up on the apron. The Hurt Business tries to fight back but are out numbered 5 to 1 and get mauled by the members of Retribution. Dio Madden and Dijakovic double chokeslam Lashley/
- The Mysterio family is interviewed, Rey says seeing Dominick follow in his footsteps to try and earn a shot at the tag team titles, is a true honor.
- Backstage Retibution says The Hurt Business could have been part of the solution, instead they line their pockets with WWE's money, but they will get paid in retribution.
- It' time for the KO Show, Owens says on his last show he was attacked for no reason by his guest Aleister Black, and now it's on to new things. His guest tonight is someone he would have never imagined giving this platform to, Shane McMahon. Shane comes down to the ring and the two of them sit down to speak. Shane says he can't believe he's there with the agenda Owen's usually has. Kevin says sure he tried to destroy Shane for two years and got him fired, but tonight is all about promoting, and Shane has the floor to promote his Underground match tonight, Dabba Kato vs Braun Strowman. Shane appreciates the opportunity to advertise this battle of the behemoths and brings out Dabba. Kato enters the ring and Owens says this is why he wanted Shane on tonight, to talk about what happened on Raw Underground 2 weeks ago when Dabba attacked Owens. Kevin says they will face off at some point, and then hit him with a punch to the Jaw. Shane holds back Dabba as Owens brings out his other guest, Braun Strowman who storms to the ring. The two go face to face and Shane tells them to save it for later tonight. Aleister Black attacks Kevin Owens from the behind and pulls him groin first into the ring post three times, as Shane continues to promote his fight.
- Charly Caruso interviews Drew McIntyre, he blows off a question about competing with a fractured jaw. When asked about his friendship with Keith Lee, he says he understands that everyone wants to be the top guy and some day they'll be laughing about this over drinks.
- Backstage Retibution are attacking Humberto Carrilo and Titus O'Neil, Dijakovic says WWE superstars are the disease and they are the judge, jury, and executioners.
- Following Drew McIntyre vs Keith Lee, Randy Orton drives a steel chair into Drew's jaw, and then hits Lee with the punt.
- Randy Orton shames everyone for doubting him on not being able to make it to Clash of Champions, in 20 years he has never walked away from a world title match and doesn't plan on it. However the title match at Clash of Champions isn't exactly normal. He walks to the ambulance parked on the stage and opens the back doors. He says he took a ride in this exact ambulance a few weeks ago because Drew hit him with three claymores. As they were rushing down the highway, drifting in and out of consciousness, Orton realized this was what all the legends he took out felt like when he kicked them in the skull. As he came to in the back of the ambulance he started to smile because he remembered what he was capable of, and what it would take to become WWE Champion. The ambulance represents different things to different people, hope healing, dread, pain, even death, but for him, it represents his 14th world championship. Orton says he will make sure Drew's world title reign flatlines at the hands of the RKO.
- Asuka is interviewed backstage, and asked if Mickie James or Zelina Vega is the biggest threat to her title. She starts to speak in Japanese when Billie Kay walks up and says everyone is getting free opportunities these days and she deserves one too. Peyton Royce comes by and says she should get a shot too. Asuka asks if they're still friends and they say even if they can't team anymore, they still support one another. Peyton says things change over time, soon enough Asuka may not even be champion. Asuka laughs this off and challenges Peyton to a match tonight.
- We get a vignette of Bianca Belaire at the gym out performing a guy training there at pullups, the tire flip, and weight lifting. She ends by saying she is the EST of WWE.
- Earlier today Akira Tozawa and a ninja referee are waiting at the beach, saying they are going to wait in the ocean to ambush Truth. Truth walks onto the beach with his 24/7 Championship and Lil Jimmy. Truth is teaching Lil Jimmy how to swim when he thinks he sees a shark out in the water and leaves the 24/7 title to get himself and Jimmy to shore. 20 minutes later he goes back out in the water but sees the shark again and cheers on Lil Jimmy to swim to shore after his 24/7 title washes up alongside a ninja outfit, and he assumes Tozawa was eaten by the shark.
- MVP gives notice to Retribution that they fill be in a 6 man tag match tonight, and they will learn the meaning of the Hurt Business and says they are the real executioners. Cedric Alexander says he learned the hard way that fighting the Hurt Business comes around on you ten fold, and he's about to give a similar beating to his old friend Apollo Crews. He says Apollo used him just to help retain his US Title. Apollo Crews and Ricochet come out and Crews says he doesn't care about Cedric's past friendship, he just care about punching Cedric in the face.
- After Apollo's win, he and Ricochet make their way up the ramp but Lashley and Shelton come out to cut them off, letting Cedric attack them from behind. Lashley then locks the full nelson on Cedric to leave him laying.
- In Raw Underground Dolph Ziggler takes on Aurturo Rujas, they exchange strikes until Ziggler picks a single leg which Rujas counters with a headlock. Ziggler is able to lock in a sleeper but Rujas is able to break free and attempts a knee bar. Dolph locks a choke in from behind and causes Rujas to pass out. Shane attempts to interview Braun but he shouts in Shane's face so he passes the mic to a woman in the audience and makes her to the interview. Braun says he is going to send home every one of his fighters with pocket full of teeth.
- Seth Rollins comes down to the ring with a piece of paper in his hands. He says it is no secret that he's had the Mysterio's number for a while now, and thought it was all done after he defeated Dominick in a steel cage, he thought he was free of the torment. However something has been eating at him about the Mysterio's for some time, and thanks to WWE.com posting photos of the family caused the light bulb to go off. He puts a photo of the family on the tron and says something is amiss if you look at Rey and Dominick, and says it doesn't seem possible. Seth says they deserve the truth so he did some digging, and has the results of the investigation in his hand. He invites the Mysterio family to come out to hear the news. The entire Mysterio family comes out and Rey says this must be very important but they are all tired of Seth's games and intend to give him a similar beating to the one they gave Murphy. Seth says he has grown to respect their family, how they stick together to over come adversity, and they deserve to know the truth. In this envelope he has a DNA test and knows this was done before but times have changed and technology has evolved, they need to know if Rey really is Dominick's father. Seth opens the envelope and says the results of the DNA test show that Rey is not Dominick's father. Rey says Seth really brought them up for that, and says they have been down that road before and it didn't work and it won't work again. Seth says he had his guy look into the other Mysterio family members and may have proof that Aliyah isn't his daughter. Seth shows the footage of Aliyah checking on Murphy and says that a member of his family would never do that, and asks Aliyah what she was doing last week. Rey says they already spoke about that and he raised his daughter to be caring and compassionate and warns him to keep his daughter's name out of his mouth. Rey says his daughter is naive and knows nothing about their world, this causes her to storm off, followed by Rey's wife angie. Rey asks Dominick if he said something wrong and they walk to the back too. Seth apologizes, saying he only wanted to inform, not to drive a wedge in the Mysterio family, but he says even a family as strong as them can break, it may have even happened to some of the audience's families.
- After their match, Jax and Bazler confront Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott. Nia shoves Liv down but she is able to back off with Ruby as Shayna takes apart the announce table. Nia grabs Lana and hits her with a Samoan Drop through the table.
- In the trainers room Drew says he isn't feeling great but he will be at Clash of Champions and will beat the piss out of Randy Orton. He goes off to find a fight.
- Backstage Rey is apologizing to Aliyah and says he needs to protect her. Aliyah says she is old enough to take care of herself and that she only came here to support Dominick. She says she knows that Seth already hurt Rey and Dominick and knows the same could happen to her or mom so she's leaving.
- Back in Raw Underground Riddick Moss faces off with Erik, the two slug it out until Riddick hits a hard right hand and is able to knockout Erik. Shane interviews Dabba Kato who says talk is cheap and that tonight Braun will feel what Dabba Kato is all about.
- Aliyah is sitting backstage when Murphy approaches her. He says he was just there to apologize because the situation with Seth has gotten way out of hand.
- It's time for the main event of Raw Underground, Braun Strowman vs Babba Kato. The two square off and exchange some shots. They lock up and Strowman floats over to try and lock in a choke but Dabba is able to pull to the outside. They brawl on the outside for a moment where Braun throws an audience member at Dabba. Braun nails Kato with a straight right and rains down punches on him to get the victory.
- The three core male members of retribution are called T-Bar (Dijakovic), Mace (DIO), and Slapjack (Thorne).
- Retribution storms the ring during the main event and are beating down the Hurt Business until Drew McIntyre and the rest of the Raw locker room storm down to the ring and take them out. With the ring clear Orton sneaks into the ring and hits McIntyre with the RKO.
Best match on this week's Raw?
submitted by Darren716 to SquaredCircle [link] [comments]
2020.09.14 02:32 Phenomenalnferno Japanese locker room voyeur
What's this? A promo from u/Phenomenalnferno???? The scene is a New Japan locker room. A camerawoman has caught the usually incredibly elusive competitor in his locker room after hours. Normally he'd already have packed up and left, but he was sitting at a desktop with a mic in front of him constantly checking his 3 monitors and phone, clicking and typing like no man's business.
"HIT. THAT. LIKE. BUTTON. BAYBEEEE!!! and SUBSCRI- oh, oh, damn, cameras? Chill chill chill y'all are interrupting me!" The X-Division icon turns down a couple of screens and looks at the camera bewildered as if he didn't know where he was. "Well, I guess I got some explaining to do," he starts.
"See, win or lose, I've been having some quick outings for the past couple of months. Battle royals, triple threats, last week on Dynamite some French dude no-showed on me, I just got to watch some Japanese guys wrestle live in my spare time, and I didn't even get booked this week, so I thought to myself: how do I diversify the revenue streams, secure the bag, and have some fun with all this time being wasted? So smart me started a YouTube channel! points webcam Say hi to the channel! I hear ladies get views! The camerawoman reluctantly obliges
"I am PhenomZR"
Camerawoman: "But that's not even your nam-"
"And you are welcome....to the ZRMAMENT! As you can see we got hoes in the ZRmament (he whispers to the staff "I didn't actually mean that it's just a phrase, you're fine") so you should join too! Now, what does ZR stand for? PHENOM. ZERO. REST. LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE, YEEEEEEEESSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIR!! Now today, we're gonna play some epic fortnite...." Inferno trails on as the camerawoman walks away slowly and then exits the room...
submitted by Phenomenalnferno to LoserleavesReddit [link] [comments]